Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: pill packaging  (Read 1481 times)

babyjane

pill packaging
« on: December 08, 2015, 09:17:49 AM »

hello
my GP has changed me from citalopram to escitalopram. I was concerned when I got the packs that the box and the 'blisters' were so large but when I popped a pill out this morning it was exactly the same size as the citalopram tablets I have been taking. 
this was a relief for me but left me wondering why such a small tablet needed to be packed into such a large 'blister' pack when the others were in tiny 'blisters' and seemed to be quite happy?

Just musing and wondering (as you do) if it so they can charge more for them  ::)

BreadFruit

Re: pill packaging
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 04:29:21 PM »

Yeah, just another wasteful packaging product. Sign of the times.

They take away the shopping bags, but other stuff in the supermarket is triple wrapped and then some.

Dorothy

Re: pill packaging
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 05:01:39 PM »

They changed the packaging on Ovranette recently too - the cardboard box is now twice the size to make room for the larger plastic sheets of pills and each sheet is wrapped in a plastic foil covering too.  To make things even worse, the new layout is so confusing that I often miss pills as I think I've already taken them...just as well I'm not using for birth control really!