Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vagina issues  (Read 9284 times)

ancient runner

Re: Vagina issues
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2015, 04:11:05 PM »

Also - my GP sent me off to see pelvic floor physiio again for mild prolapses - should stop things getting worse and a good adjunct to local oestrogen.

mollie2

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2015, 01:19:20 PM »

Well im being referred again, so fed up and uncomfortable,, i can really feel this bulge badly,,  Really not coping at all. Its not a bartholin cyst,, Sick of googling..

countrybumpkin

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2015, 05:36:55 PM »

Have you seen a straight forward urologist. I was diagnosed with something called a caruncle which is a fleshy bulge at the entrance to your urethra that causes pain on urination and itching etc.  This is caused by lack of oestrogen and I have been using vagifem now for 4 months and the caruncle has reduced to almost nothing and the symptoms greatly improved.  If I try to stop the vagifem the caruncle grows and the symptoms come back. The vagifem gives me a bit of a burning sensation the morning after I use it but its bearable given the results.

mollie2

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2015, 10:00:31 PM »

No i havent seen one, My gp said it was a urethra prolapse but other people I ve spoken towho have a prolapse dont have the symptoms i have,  Its like i have thrush, The bulge itches and i leak mucky liquid ( sorry )  I feel as though i have a ball sitting there,,  Im going to increase to vagifem every night i think to see if it makes any difference,, i pray it does cos ive suffered since my teens with lady problems but nothing ever as bad as this.

Taz2

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2015, 12:47:43 PM »

Hi Mollie - you have what's known as a urethrocele. It is extremely rare for this to occur on it's own and usually goes hand-in-hand (so to speak!) with a cystocele which is a prolapse of the bladder. The bladder pushes into the front wall of the vagina. You should have been given exercises to do every day and then seen regularly to assess whether your exercises are strengthening the front wall enough. The operation for this is an anterior repair and is really not that bad. I had it done at the same time as my vaginal hysterectomy and it did improve things for me. No more sensation of sitting on a tennis ball or of your insides dropping out.  This is a professional site but may give you some idea of what's happening. It does mention that there can be pus. http://www.msdmanuals.com/en-gb/professional/gynecology-and-obstetrics/pelvic-relaxation-syndromes/cystoceles-urethroceles-enteroceles-and-rectoceles  You shouldn't just be left to get on with it!

HRT can help but I found only full HRT did make a difference in my case. Vagifem was just not strong enough.

Taz x

mollie2

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2015, 04:32:07 PM »

According to my gynae i dont have a prolapse,, i have just read the link you sent and he examined me as the link stated but said there is no sign of anything but to me it is fairlt obviousl and making my life a misery,  im only happy when im asleep.
Pages: 1 [2]