Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Rash and red, hot & itchy skin on Evorel Sequi patches  (Read 4619 times)

PMB63

Rash and red, hot & itchy skin on Evorel Sequi patches
« on: October 01, 2015, 08:27:08 PM »

Hello Ladies
I was wondering if anybody else on Evorel Sequi has suffered with a rash?  I've been taking the patches for 6 weeks now and developed this really irritating itch and rash over the past 2 to 3 weeks. It's on the inside of my arms, on my neck and even started on my chin today. It varies in intensity, but today the skin on my neck and chin got really red, hot & itchy. I'm beginning to think that I may need to change my HRT regime, but have tried Elleste Duet, Oestrogel with Utrogestan and Cyclo Progynova in the past, so feel I'm running out of options. I'm 52 years of age and still in peri menopause.  Any advice would be welcomed and greatly appreciated.  Thanking  you very much in advance  :tulips2:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Rash and red, hot & itchy skin on Evorel Sequi patches
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 10:10:33 PM »

Ouch! makes me itchy thinking about it.  Have you done a 'search' for reactions, rash or whatever?

chattygal

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 12:50:45 PM »

Go back to your GP as there must be some allergic reaction occurring and it may have nothing to do with the HRT. If it is then the GP can try you on one of the many other HRT's out there until you find one that suits. It's supposed to help you feel better not cause more problems so keep trying and good luck

PMB63

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 10:31:01 PM »

Thank you chattygal and CLKD for your replies. I've made an appointment with GP today to see what she thinks and suggests.  I'm determined to find something that suits and makes me feel better. Thank you very much again xx

jjf911

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 05:56:23 PM »

Hello I have been on Evorel 100 patches since July.  I have become more and more itchy especially at night. Hairy areas are more itchy including inner ears!!! to test an 'allergic reaction' I took some piriton and I stopped itching.  My doctor said she hadn't heard of such a reaction but itchiness not just around the patch is a common side effect.  I am going to have to change the formulation.  It is unbearable and keeps me awake.  Two steps forward three steps back!!!

Limpy

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 07:10:00 PM »

Could it be a duff batch?
Might be worth trying patches from another box/batch.

I have heard of people having red itchy reactions but these have been confined to the patch area itself.

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 04:58:10 PM »

Hi jjf911

:welcomemm:

Sorry to hear about the itching. Maybe oestrogel/Sandrena gel would be better for you if you are greatly allergic to the adhesive?

Hurdity x