Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Femoston 2/10, livial, or something else???  (Read 3245 times)

Doris

Femoston 2/10, livial, or something else???
« on: September 22, 2015, 10:56:52 AM »

A bit of background....
Age 44, been menopausal since age 27 when came off the pill to conceive. Worst symptoms are hot flushes, headaches and no libido which is beginning to cause upset.
Tried all sorts of HRT over the years, liked patches but make me itchy, liked gel but forget it and don't have time to wait for it to dry properly!
Recently tried evorel conti patches after an HRT break showed I was post menopausal, but in the 3 months I tried it I was bleeding more than I wasn't.
I've heard livial is good, or I'm thinking either femoston 2/10 or trying estrogen pills with utrogestan either monthly or less often. Any advice or experience would be very helpful please!

Dancinggirl

Re: Femoston 2/10, livial, or something else???
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 02:44:30 PM »

I have tried Livial and felt quite good on it - for me the only problem was spots - I'm a bit prone to getting acne so Livial did trigger outbreaks but it was great for Libido. Maybe try this first and see how it goes, particularly if libido is an issue.  If you don't like it then try Femoston which is also well tolerated by many women. DG x

Briony

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 05:16:02 PM »

As youre younger and will therefore need a higher dose of estrogen, have you considered something like Qlaira? It's a BCP but is bio identical. I take it and am 43. It's been much more effective than Evorel 50 and Utrogestan was x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 05:27:25 PM »

Hi Doris

I would agree that at your age I would prefer to take actual oestrogen rather than Livial - but I can see the attraction of the latter if it works for libido.

You will get a fairly good level of oestrogen on Qlaira as Briony mentions  - how does it affect libido Briony? Some women find that high levels of progestogens dampen libido but with Qlaira there are at least some days on oestrogen only (only 4 though).

I still get headaches even though I've been on HRT for 8 + years and also now have testosterone gel daily - just recovered from another 3 day headache.

Pity about the patches because you could probably achieve higher oestrogen levels with these (say 100 mcg) than tablets (max dose given usually 2 mg unless you've had total hysterectomy) - depending on how well you absorb oestrogen from tablets.

Hurdity x

Briony

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 06:43:14 PM »

No effect on Libido so far  ::)  Dienogest is anti androgenic so fewer spots, PMS etc compared to other progesterones I have taken in the past.

How many patches did you try? I know some people itch on one but not an alternative.