Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24

Author Topic: Health complaint of the day  (Read 109108 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Health complaint of the day
« Reply #285 on: May 13, 2016, 02:58:33 PM »

It took hours for my Wisdom teeth to be sorted - saw a Surgeon, waited for a few weeks, into Hospital for 24 hours, 2 weeks off work  :-\ …….. and THE PAIN - had I known I would have kept them!

Nausea today  :-[

Taz2

« Reply #286 on: May 14, 2016, 10:40:20 AM »

It took hours for my Wisdom teeth to be sorted - saw a Surgeon, waited for a few weeks, into Hospital for 24 hours, 2 weeks off work  :-\ …….. and THE PAIN - had I known I would have kept them!

Nausea today  :-[
My middle son had two of his out last month under GA. He worked from home the next day and then back to work as normal the day after. He had trouble eating for a couple of weeks while the stitches healed. It was uncomfortable of course but he dosed himself up with fairly strong painkillers and had a lot of soup and icecream!

Hope you feel less queasy later CLKD.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #287 on: May 14, 2016, 03:28:29 PM »

Thanks.  Himself had 1 out in the Dentist's Surgery and 10 years later, 2 out under GA - his first Hospital visit ever.  He was home by mid-afternoon  ::)

Queasyness went >phew<!  Nowt to report so far  ::)

losttheplot

« Reply #288 on: May 14, 2016, 09:23:10 PM »

Todays woes...delayed allergic rash from yesterdays ct scan. And my piriton is out of date.

losttheplot

« Reply #289 on: May 14, 2016, 09:43:28 PM »

I think it must Sparkle. The ct scan is to do with abdominal pains I had after Christmas, I will be having a Sigmoidoscopy on tuesday. Ive had a ct scan before with no problems. ...but i have reacted to other things before.

Same thing happened a few years ago (delayed rash)after a general anaesthetic, by day two i was pink & itchy so took piriton and the gp arranged for some allergy testing, which didnt really help. The next ga i had i was given antihistamine by the anaesthetist and was fine.

losttheplot

« Reply #290 on: May 14, 2016, 09:57:22 PM »

Yes, silly of me really because i knew this afternoon when i kept pushing imaginary hair off my face that it was probably the start of a reaction.  But i didnt bother to take anything,  and then just before i came to bed i went to get the piriton and realised its out of date  :-\ and now the smoke alarm has started to beep....battery must need replacing. Suppose I'd better get out of bed & sort that, or i def won't be getting any sleep

CLKD

« Reply #291 on: May 15, 2016, 08:45:21 AM »

How out of date?  I would take one as I never read the 'best/use' before  ::)

'throat'  :-[

Cassie

« Reply #292 on: May 15, 2016, 01:48:57 PM »

CLKD I find gargling with warm water with cayenne pepper in helps for a sore throat, or some soothing lem and honey.

coldethyl

« Reply #293 on: May 15, 2016, 04:16:45 PM »

snap Sparkle- it sucks- have a virtual very gentle hug. My fibromyalgia has been shocking this week and I can barely walk today- just as well I don't need to as I have just come back from out of hours with nausea, vertigo and a very painful ear- apparently she can't tell if infected as it is now completely bunged with wax again so back to olive oil drops. Tested me for all manner of nasties so at least my mind is at rest a bit x

coldethyl

« Reply #294 on: May 15, 2016, 07:07:37 PM »

I think worrying about the dizziness I've being getting set me off this week along with upping my exercise routine. I was convinced that my BP was dangerously high( it's ok - top figure up a bit but that's my white coat syndrome an anxiety ) which made me worry that my dizziness was that. Instead it was something completely different and could have been put to bed earlier if I wasn't so anxious about going to the GP.
I do find that my fibro gets worse if I'm stressed. It started after a fall years ago as back and leg pain but got worse as MIL and FIL both diagnosed with terminal illness within weeks. I think the hormonal upheaval of peri is perfect conditions for fibro and CFS/ME to worsen.

coldethyl

« Reply #295 on: May 15, 2016, 07:38:04 PM »

Enjoy your bath. I can't have a long soak until ear better as I've to avoid getting water in it and I'm so short that I always end up with head in water!! I do find that fibro can be worse if my period is on- certainly the migraines that I get with it are worse then. X

coldethyl

« Reply #296 on: May 15, 2016, 08:07:22 PM »

Feel better soon. It's like I try to explain to hubby- he has a rotten cold but knows it'll go soon. This you've no idea when it will end and that just makes it so much harder to cope with, I think x

CLKD

« Reply #297 on: August 06, 2016, 06:07:58 PM »

:bounce:

jedigirl

« Reply #298 on: August 27, 2016, 01:10:30 PM »

Achy wrists today and so tired. Periods so light even on Hrt that I'm wondering if the end of this hideousness is near. Doubt it but one can hope  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #299 on: August 27, 2016, 01:28:57 PM »

Hormone upheaval can affect joints.  Do you take pain relief?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24