Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Sertraline Day 8 - can't stop crying  (Read 21936 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Sertraline Day 8 - can't stop crying
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2015, 10:18:03 PM »

How  :-\ as oestrogen is 'natural' …….. What dose Diazepam has the GP prescribed? I found 10mg initially helped then had 5mg on an as necessary basis.  If I had an event to attend I would swallow one the previous evening and if needed, 1 at breakfast.  I would feel 'drugged' but it was better than the panic attacks.  By mid-afternoon I could quite happily have slept [I did at his parents', his Mum would often comment  >:( ]

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2015, 01:01:03 PM »

They gave me 14 x 2 mg. I took one yesterday and still feel quite tired from it! I've also started my F 1/10 and my iron tablets as my ferritin is 6 apparently.

Hoping that I can get through the next couple of weeks without any AD'd or Diazepam, then I can go back to my GP and discuss the next course of action.  My GP wasn't pleased with me for quitting the sertraline as she said I had chronic anxiety that needed treatment  >:(

CLKD

« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2015, 03:33:26 PM »

Doesn't she realise that some side effects are unbearable  >:( and that some medications can cause opposite symptoms to what they are designed for …..

2mg is calming …… go with it!

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2015, 05:27:21 PM »

CKLD - you've been a tower of strength to me. :crutch: :crutch: :crutch: Do you mind me asking what meds you take? Are you on AD's at all?

SadLynda

« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2015, 06:24:41 PM »

this might help you Mis71mum, CLKD posted this thread a few days ago

http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29050.0.html

CLKD

« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2015, 06:51:36 PM »

Gosh you're good, I can't remember what I had for breakfast let alone what I posted yesterday  ;D

In the 1980s I took an AD beginning with 'G' which worked well until 2001.  Then I had a couple of medications and now settled on Escitalopram 5mg p.m./a.m. ………. in the 1980s I took Valium 'as necessary'.  Now I have a Beta-blocka at night [40mg] to stop anxiety surges in the early morning.  As well as an emergency anti-anxiety pill.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2015, 09:28:40 PM »

Thanks to you both.  I've been signed off for the next 2 weeks so am thinking about how to get myself fixed for my return. I've heard of that AD before. Not needed a Diazepam today as didn't feel the need. I'm taking just one day at a time and hope that I start to improve soon.

CLKD

« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2015, 09:50:57 PM »

Did you have benefit from the Diazepam ?

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2015, 12:58:54 PM »

Hi yes they knocked me out for the day but not taken once since.  Currently double bagging my camomile tea to keep me calm.  Think I have a bit of bounceback anxiety from stopping taking the AD's.  Hopefully it will pass soon  ??

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2015, 08:29:43 AM »

Morning All - thanks for your replies.

Bluebell59, how long did you take the Sertraline for? And what do you mean, you are still feeling the effects? I started off okay for 6 days, then had increased anxiety. Which could have been my hormones or the Sertraline! But I agree I definitely need some hrt.

I took them for just 2 days !  Last thurs and fri, still feel bad, but better than yesterday  !

Bluebell59 - can you remember how long it took you to feel better after the Sertraline?

Bluebell59

« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2015, 04:22:37 PM »

Morning All - thanks for your replies.

Bluebell59, how long did you take the Sertraline for? And what do you mean, you are still feeling the effects? I started off okay for 6 days, then had increased anxiety. Which could have been my hormones or the Sertraline! But I agree I definitely need some hrt.

I took them for just 2 days !  Last thurs and fri, still feel bad, but better than yesterday  !

Bluebell59 - can you remember how long it took you to feel better after the Sertraline?

It took 4 days

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2015, 10:21:32 AM »

Thanks for that - I'm on Day 6! This last 6 weeks is not something I'd like to repeat again ever! 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]