Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: LadyCare?  (Read 12285 times)

RedFraggle

Re: LadyCare?
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2016, 12:04:13 PM »

Okay - but my night sweats stopped completely while I used it (at least two years) and I would have been asleep most of the time, so unable to be "placebo-ish" about it!

It's not conscious so it would make complete sense.

Cherrycrumble

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2016, 02:13:55 PM »

I bought one, lovingly referred to in my house as 'the pant magnet', in desperation after trying most other things on the market. I wore it for about 6 weeks but didn't feel any benefit. On waking one morning with really bad anxiety I ripped the pant magnet from my pants and hurled it across the room while shouting lots of expletives!!!  ;D ;D ;D I haven't seen it since!! ;D

anna1966

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2016, 09:33:53 PM »

I have the lady care magnets too.

Like you it was discussed at work purely by chance as she asked how my weight lose was going. And I replied  'it wasn't  - bloody menopause' My weight has  gone up and down every week despite watching what I eat and cutting out crisps chocolate snd biscuits.

That was about 3 weeks ago and it has calmed my hot flushes but then again I have had all the windows open at home in this heat anyhow and also had the air con on at work. And rarely need my cardigan.

Hurdity

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2016, 04:31:48 PM »

I see from your other threads that you are still having problems and pleased to see you have just been given HRT by your doctor - oestrogen patches. Well done!

Truly I would chuck the magnet as Cherrycrumble has done and concentrate on the tried and tested methods of alleviating symptoms of menopause ( hormone replacement) that you have started. In peri-menopause symptoms come and go - and manufacturers of these sorts of things play on the fact that we will often try anything to eliminate the unpleasant symptoms. and also that we will attribute any improvement in our symptoms to their product - even though it is either placebo or the improvement was happening anyway due to hormones, or even the weather!

I really hope you feel better soon :).

Hurdity x

Tempest

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2016, 12:56:34 PM »

I wonder how long Belinda Carlisle lasted on HERS before she lobbed it into the long grass too! :o

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2016, 01:27:57 PM »

In the 1970s magnet therapy was used on un-united fractures …….. HUGE boxes there were that required plugging in all night ……….. with the magnets attached to the plaster of Paris.

Tempest

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2016, 09:28:16 PM »

I'd need a HUGE box magnet to fix my menopausal mess, CLKD! I can't imagine they'd be room even in my biggest pants for one of those.   :rofl:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2016, 09:44:15 PM »

I'd like to see you try  ;D

kiltgirl

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2016, 05:47:32 PM »

I have one but didn't see any benefit and couldn't be faffed with wearing it in bed.

It is however a strong magnet, if you're doing any DIY you can use it to locate studs/joists behind your plasterboard...

(YouTube is fantastic for DIY!)

kiltgirl

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2016, 08:48:11 PM »

Exactly, I might write a review on that large store chain's website  ;D

Annie0710

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2016, 06:50:45 AM »

Lol Kiltgirl I've never read this thread but immediately envisaged walking somewhere and suddenly drawn to something metal !

X

kiltgirl

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2016, 08:31:05 PM »

Shopping trolleys and drawer handles are the most common ones  ;D

kiltgirl

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2016, 08:44:48 PM »

A good place to hang your keys if you don't have pockets too haha...seriously, was my party trick at work!
Pages: 1 [2]