Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Do you like your look.  (Read 18219 times)

littleminnie

Re: Do you like your look.
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2015, 03:20:15 PM »

Jeans look much better with tan boots than black HB. Why don't you try 'Slim' jeans, they are in between skinny and boot cut.

honeybun

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2015, 03:26:37 PM »

Thanks for the reassurance about the boot colour. I thought they might look good but then started to dither after I ordered them  ::)
Yes I could try slim ones, might improve things and smarten me up a bit.

Now where should I go as I don't want to spend silly money on jeans. My son spends a fortune on his and they don't look that much different to be honest.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2015, 03:28:09 PM »

Matalan? Next? M&S ……… I need lots of time and a cold day before I can face any changing rooms these days  ::) but we live too far away to be bothered buying to bring home and take back should the item not fit! which of course, adds to the cost.

littleminnie

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2015, 03:57:03 PM »

I get them from Next (£20) and M&S (can't remember if they are £15 or £25). Also had them from Sainsburys.
I normally buy a size 10, in Matalan I would need to get a 12. (So that won't be happening  ::)).

Taz2

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2015, 04:01:32 PM »

That's strange - in Matalan I need an 8 and not a 10 whereas, in Sainsburys, I need a 12 and not a 10!

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2015, 04:10:48 PM »

It does depend on the psychology of the company management  ;) - clothes are labelled a size 10 but are sometimes a 12  ::) so it is essential to face the fitting room!

babyjane

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2015, 04:15:58 PM »

I weigh a stone more than when I was younger - 9st 12 as opposed to 8st 12. I used to be a size 12 top and a 14 bottom but now I am a 10 top and a 12 bottom.  Clothing companies are definitely sizing clothes larger to make us feel better because on the whole we are larger.  I would have been a size 16 30 years ago.

Dulciana

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2015, 04:28:31 PM »

Unflattering lines are usually the cause of frumpiness, I think.  Clothes do not have to be straight up and down, even at our age - we've all got an outline, for goodness sake!  And I think that calf-length-anything (trousers included) can look frumpy, especially with flat shoes - unless of course you've got the height and legs for it.    I haven't got either, so I don't wear calf-length-anything, ever.   I also wish older women wouldn't resort to wearing calf-length pleated skirts, either.  I've made a pact with myself that I will never go down that line and that my skirt/dress length will always be a flattering one for me.        :veil:

Limpy

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2015, 05:11:53 PM »

Unflattering lines are usually the cause of frumpiness, I think.  Clothes do not have to be straight up and down, even at our age - we've all got an outline, for goodness sake!  And I think that calf-length-anything (trousers included) can look frumpy, especially with flat shoes - unless of course you've got the height and legs for it.    I haven't got either, so I don't wear calf-length-anything, ever.   I also wish older women wouldn't resort to wearing calf-length pleated skirts, either.  I've made a pact with myself that I will never go down that line and that my skirt/dress length will always be a flattering one for me.        :veil:

Dulciana - I totally agree re calf length pleated skirts
However, we're all different.
On or just below the knee skirts look truly awful on me.
(Well, I feel they do, I feel a bit mutton dressed as........)
But, loose flowing mid calf skirts do work and I feel good.
Elegant, is the comment I've received, unbidden, honest  ::)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 05:16:58 PM by Limpy »

Tabbycat

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2015, 05:42:55 PM »

Unflattering lines are usually the cause of frumpiness, I think. 

That's a good point. I do tend to wear baggier tops than I used to because my belly is bigger now.

I can't wear heels though, even small ones - although I'm 5ft 8" so I don't need the height.

honeybun

« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2015, 06:34:58 PM »

I always wear heels as I'm short. I need the extra height to make me look and feel better. I was 8st 2 for about twenty years and now I'm 8 10. All that extra weight is on my tummy.
I can wear skirts, don't even own one. I don't know what to do with my top when I wear a skirt. Can't tuck it in as my tummy looks fat, can't leave it out because it just makes me look short. I'm ok in a dress, the lines are cleaner and it looks better.

It's a mine field really. I just want to feel smart which I fail to do on a regular basis.

Honeyb
X

Dulciana

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2015, 07:43:02 PM »

Dulciana - I totally agree re calf length pleated skirts
However, we're all different.
On or just below the knee skirts look truly awful on me.
(Well, I feel they do, I feel a bit mutton dressed as........)
But, loose flowing mid calf skirts do work and I feel good.
Elegant, is the comment I've received, unbidden, honest  ::)

Absolutely, Limpy - and if it works, go for it!

groundhog

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2015, 08:49:01 PM »

I don't like my look - I'm tall at 5ft 10' and a size 16/18.  Despite my health problems I am overweight .  I suppose I am in proportion but don't feel comfortable.  I like autum / winter when I can wear jeggins long tops boots.  Sorted.  Oh an I hate my arms.  Bingo wings 😂😂😂😂

Micky

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2015, 10:00:02 PM »

" Do you like your look" ?
Crikey!! how long have you got?

Quite a few people say that I don't look my age (53) so guess that's kind of good... BUT I hate my flabby bits & even tho I walk and exercise and eat healthy I still have flabby bits ... Always hated my nose - my hair is ok but needs colouring every 4 weeks now, cos the grey starts to come thru ..Oh and then there are the other hairs- like ones that spring up under the chin & are black, whats that all about? No one warns us they we are in danger of turning into bearded ladies and tweezers are suddenly our best friend ..Even my eyebrows are turning grey & Its becoming more expensive and high maintenance - what with regular hair and eyebrow colouring ( I refuse to go grey gracefully) ..My boobs are going south & I swear if they start to touch my waist I want euthanasia ... Actually I have just reread this and realised, maybe its why my ex went off with a younger female ... :-\... But just wait till she hits her meno and he has to go thru it all again  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2015, 10:18:38 AM »

;D …… and he will Mickey, revenge is sweet  ;)

haven't looked in the mirror today  ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9