Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hi ladies :0  (Read 3473 times)

cath4512

Hi ladies :0
« on: July 01, 2015, 07:55:14 PM »

So glad I have found this forum. I started with peri menopause at 38 & my periods stopped completely when I was 42. I am now 49 & my symptoms are as bad as ever. Hot flushes are horrendous at the moment. They keep stopping for a few weeks and then come back for a few months. :sweatdrop:
 I have no libido at all & my hubby is finding this very difficult to accept. We have only been married for 18 months ( been together 7 years). sex just isn't on my agenda & he thinks I don't love/fancy him any more. I have read a few threads on this & am now thinking that it probably wont come back.This is very difficult to deal with.
I had breast cancer 3 years ago & had a total mastectomy & I cannot take HRT because of this.
I have also got osteoporosis in my spine, hips, legs, feet & wrists & have had 4 broken bones in the past 3 years. They think this is due to my early menopause. I have always exercised & am a part time fitness instructor so have done everything to prevent this but its still happened.
I get tired easily & I never used to. I think I am more narky & short tempered & I hate being like this as its not like me ( well maybe it is now lol).
Anyway thanks for reading ladies  :)

Dancinggirl

Re: Hi ladies :0
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 08:32:36 PM »

Hi cath4512 and welcome to MM
What a terribly tough time you have had. To go through all this without some HRT is particularly difficult. You are not alone - we are hear to listen and support.
Just a thought; I saw a lovely gynae last autumn for advice about my meno symptoms and he did mention that his wife had had breast cancer so couldn't use HRT and he recommended the SRRI drug Citalopram as a good option to help with flushes, mood and sleep.
I do hope they are giving you treatment for the osteoporosis ?? - I have a friend who went through breast cancer treatment last year and has been diagnosed with osteoporosis and she is getting some big serious treatment.
I assume you take magnesium plus Vitamin D and extra calcium?
Keep posting  DG xxx

cath4512

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 09:04:21 PM »

Hi Dancinggirl,

I already take citalopram, but I cant say I have noticed much difference & I am on quite a high dose now.
I am having treatment for the osteoporosis, I take vit D & calcium & I have been referred to the rheumatology clininc for some kind of infusion.....I need a little more info on this though.
I will keep posting as I think its good to talk to someone who understands.
Cath

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 10:51:15 PM »

:welcomemm:

:bighug:

How large a dose of Citalopram?  Have you read the Daisy network for early menopause, I think there's a Link, menus - top of screen  :-\

cath4512

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 02:50:06 PM »

Hi CLKD,
I take 40mg a day & 200mg of trazadone.

I havent read the daisy network, but will take a look now.....thanks.

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 03:34:20 PM »

Hi Cath - welcome from me too.

Just wanted to add that some AD's can lower libido and, especially, orgasmic response and if you know this then your husband may be more reassured. I'm not sure whether you could switch AD for one which may not mess with your libido so much? It may not all be down to premature menopause so don't give up!

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Limpy

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 04:02:07 PM »

Hi Cath - Welcome to MM  :welcomemm:

There is an "Advice for Husbands" thread (think it's a sticky at the start of "All Things Menopause") it may be worth printing off and showing your husband. Then he will understand what's going on, it helped my OH a lot.

Medications can mess up your libido and orgasmic response. A nice little side effect to brighten our days with.........   ::)

cath4512

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 09:08:11 PM »

Thanks for all the replies :)

I have been on citalopram for 5 years for depression ( my daughter passed away aged 21). They have really helped with the depression & I don't think its them causing the libido problems. I came off them 18 months ago & nothing changed, but my mood dropped over a few months & I started to take them again.
I have printed off the advice for husbands so will give it to him this weekend. I'm not sure if he will 'get it' though lol. He seems to think I have gone off him sexually & I cant get through to him that it's not him I have 'gone off' its the sex.
Its really helping to talk on here so thanks again :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 11:10:51 PM »

ADs in general can lower libedo response.  We have had to find other ways of stimulating my interest  ::)  :bed:

Sorry to learn about your daughter. Such a difficult situation for you all.