Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Just don't know what to do.  (Read 11812 times)

GypsyRoseLee

Just don't know what to do.
« on: June 30, 2015, 12:04:46 PM »

Have just enjoyed two fantastic weeks of feeling great and just like my old self again. Optimistic, relaxed and happy. Have been slerping so well too.

But right on cue I've reached the mid point of my cycle and my mood is now starting to really dip and I haven't slept well the last two nights. I was awake at 4.30 this morning and couldn't drop back off. Have got a touch of hormonal diarrhoea too.

I am due to start the Utro in the next two days.

I just don't know what to do. I have been on a higher 50mg patch now for roughly 8 weeks but it doesn't seem like it's up to the job of controllingy own hormonal pattern.

I feel it just makes me feel GREAT in the first half of my cycle but then can't help me enough through the second half.

Not sure whether to try a higher dose patch? Or switch to the Pill? We're going on hiday again beginning of August and the timing of it couldn't be worse. I'll be just tipping into the second half of my cycle again and I don't want another holiday spoilt.

Any advice would be very welcome.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Just don't know what to do.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 12:42:16 PM »

:bighug:  could you take the product throughout your holiday and then re-consider, so that you don't get the 'dip'?

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 12:46:08 PM »

You may just have to take the highs with the lows and try and work around things. Not ideal but unfortunately HRT is not a cure all.

Perhaps as you have said before you may fair better on the BCP.

Hope things improve for you soon.

Honeybun
X

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 01:33:37 PM »

Hi CLKD

Which product do you mean? HRT? I still have another two days before starting the Utro but my mood is already dipping anyway.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 01:43:16 PM »

Thank you Honeybun. Might see my GP this week and see what he days. If I felt just a bit fed up then I wouldn't mind. But I feel very depressed indeed.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 10:30:17 PM »

Yep HRT.  Can't remember what you've been prescribed  ::).  Let us know how you get on!

Would a 3/4 months course of anti-depressant medication help?

SallyG

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 11:52:34 PM »

GRL, I can't advise on the type of HRT you are on, but just wish to send you hugs

SallyGxxxxx

pepperminty

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 08:02:13 AM »

Hi GRL,

What a mare for you.

When you are feeling like this , and you know I understand , it is so hard to see anything positive anywhere.
Do you remember how you were feeling before the HRT? Were you feeling worse more of the time? Has there been any improvement on HRT even a slight one?
You haven't been on the higher dose for that long yet , so you may need more time. Not much consolation when you feel like there is no hope and completely despondent I know.
Unfortunately it seems that the peri stage can be the most difficult time to go through, and there appears to be no complete answers.
Hang in there, you are doing very well considering .

Pepperminty xxxxxx

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 05:48:01 PM »

Thanks Sally G, that's very sweet of you  :)

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 05:54:52 PM »

Hi PM

Well I have been 'up' again for the last 2 days  ::) Suddenly felt that 'switch' flick over in my head late Monday night, had a good night's sleep and have felt good again ever since. This is driving me nuts. Don't get me wrong I am very grateful to feel 'up' again but these mood swings are just so hard to deal with. I genuinely don't know from one day to the next how I will feel?

I 'think' my mood might have really dipped two days ago because I was finishing ovulating, so I possibly reacted to the hormonal change. I just seem so ridiculously sensitive to any changes in my hormones whatsoever which is why I have always had PMS and I had PND I suppose?

But it's driving me up the wall because the lows are REALLY low (as I know you know).

Listening to what you say, I would guess that I've only had 2 'bad' days out of the last 16. But then prior to that I had 11 'bad' days straight. Before that probably another 'good' 14 days or so.

I think I just need to keep plodding on and on and on.

Anyway, enough about me. How are you doing?

Briony

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 06:15:25 PM »

I'm slightly cautious about saying this, as every one is different, but I found switching to a BCP meant - whilst not perfect - the up days increased noticeably(compared with Evorel 50). I am also finding that each month, it slightly improves. Month five now, and the emotional change is massive. Even if I have a bit of a down day, I am more reassured that's it's just a blip, if that makes sense? (Previously I thought I'd feel like that forever!).

Sausage

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 06:16:00 PM »

I feel your pain, it's like I wake up every morning expecting this current up mood to go back to PMT mode.

The unpredictableness is very inconvenient!  :P

pepperminty

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2015, 07:09:59 PM »

Hi GRL,

Well it sounds like you may be improving? Lets hope the downs will be less and less . Do you think that you could cope with them if there were only a couple of days here and there?

I am doing quite well at the moment ,thank goodness. I am able to cope even when my sleep is poor and I appear to be sleeping better on the combined phase of the pack. My periods appear to have got better and I haven't crashed again ( yet). I look a lot better and I have lost weight. I have more energy, but I still get tired. It appears to be working , I start on 2/10 in 2 weeks and have been increasing my oestrogen by half a tablet from an old pack , so when I go onto the increased dose it wont be such a jump, and therefore less side effects, I hope. So after a very shaky start I have now reached the " I am better on it than off it stage ".
I don't cry at the drop of a hat anymore and manage difficult situations now without a major panic. I just hope it continues. So perhaps you may need a little more time as I am a month ahead of you I believe and also you have changed your dosage , which will need time to bed in . I really do feel for you as the lows are horrendous .

pepperminty xxx

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 09:54:49 PM »

I often think of the things you post about being on the Pill Briony. Your posts really help. I am so glad that the BCP is helping you so much. I find it very reassuring that at least the Pill could be another option for me especially as I think our peri symptoms were very similar?

When I'm having 'bad' days there is a real fear that they might continue for a long time or even indefinitely. This is frankly terrifying because I feel SO very low. And of course when you feel so very low it's very hard to rationalise and reassure yourself that this too shall pass.

When my mood dipped at the start of the week I really panicked because history shows that I was likely to feel down for at least a week especially as I was soon to be going onto Utro. I am very surprised but very pleased that I only had 1.5 days of feeling so low. So maybe this is a positive sign?

But like you say I would be very, very grateful to have the reassurance of knowing that any mood dip would only last a few hours or just a day or so. I'm going to give the HRT another full cycle and keep charting my moods to see if I'm stabilising more.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 10:00:59 PM »

I am so glad that you're improving PM. We have both really been through the mill haven't we? It looks like we're in the group who take much longer to respond to HRT. I've been on another site recently where everyone seems to respond really positively within 2 weeks. I felt like such a freak.

I am going to give myself one more full cycle on this dosage and see how I feel in a month's time. I will have then been just over 3 months on the higher dose so it should have reached its full potential.

Being objective I definitely feel much better on my 'good' days than I was feeling on supposed 'good' days 6 weeks ago, so that's an improvement of course.
Pages: [1] 2 3