Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Struggling Again  (Read 4597 times)

toffeecushion

Struggling Again
« on: June 30, 2015, 06:57:17 AM »

I'm feeling sorry for myself today.  I have been bleeding for the past 2 weeks, my last period lasted for just over 3 weeks and I had a 3 week break in between.  I thought it was slowing down and then had a massive clot this morning.  I've had a headache since last night that keeps stopping and starting and I didn't get much sleep last night.  I don't think the heat is helping.  I have taken today off work but need the money so can't stay off for long.  I am fed up of all the meno stuff, I just want it to end.  When will my body realise that I don't need periods anymore?

Anyone else had the same pattern with their periods, my doctor says it is normal and has put me on iron tablets for a while.  I wish I had someone I could talk to about this.

Anjia

Re: Struggling Again
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 09:27:50 AM »

Hi I do feel for you as I went on like that for eighteen months .I had a marina coil for a few years which did help and stopped my periods but the side affects can be bad some days .I would recommend the marina its worth having a life back for some side affects. After having the marina removed my periods got so bad they found out I had multiple fibroids so I had a full hysterectomy best thing I ever did x

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 09:43:39 AM »

My periods were almost 24/7 with very little break, plus I had cramps constantly. I ended up with hysterectomy in my mid 30s.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 10:43:06 AM »

:bighug:

angelindskiexx

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 10:47:31 AM »

I'm so sorry you are struggling. I understand how you feel having gone through this crap myself! Since having another period two months ago, I've not been feeling well since........  I feel better when I don't have periods, (the longest for me is 11 months)...  now I'm back to feeling like dog poop. I'm amazed you can still go to work...  I was in bed on my heaviest days...  I am 54...  I've been on this boat for 12 years and I've had it already.

Feel better soon!

toffeecushion

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 12:04:12 PM »

Thanks all  for your support. 

I don't want to give up work as it feels like that would be it then and I would be giving in to it.  But I am finding it harder to cope at work, I am lucky that I can take the odd day off when needed.  Can't see me working for much longer to be honest.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 12:43:15 PM »

'giving in to it' .......... if HORMONES are over-taking your current way of Life then maybe listen to your body.  Have a think about what you would do after a break? what skill base could you draw on once you feel better?

toffeecushion

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 01:09:25 PM »

'giving in to it' .......... if HORMONES are over-taking your current way of Life then maybe listen to your body.  Have a think about what you would do after a break? what skill base could you draw on once you feel better?

I think my problem is that anxiety and agoraphobia took over most of my adult life, I finally felt well enough to work in 2006 and have worked ever since.  If I give up now I worry that I would become agoraphobic again.  It would feel like anxiety was in control again.

mazzy

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 04:50:01 PM »

Sorry to hear that you are having all these problems.  Sending you a  :bighug:

toffeecushion

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 05:09:47 PM »

Thank you Mazzy

Briony

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 05:17:38 PM »

So sorry things aren't good TC. Has your GP offered you anything to control your hormones? Even if you can't have HRT, would he consider prescribing something like Qlaira (one of the benefits, apart from the estrogen, is the way it controls bleeding). Good luck  - hope you get some relief soon x

toffeecushion

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 05:27:46 PM »

She hasn't offered me anything Briony.  Just said it is normal for this time.

Briony

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2015, 06:16:19 PM »

If she won't offer HRT, and you want to take something, I would recommend Qlaira. It's a very low dose pill, but it is bio identical, unlike nearly all other contraceptive pills. I had a few side effects initially (mainly itching!) but by month three, I began to feel miles more like myself than I have in ages. Now on month five and so glad I switched. My only criticism is that I get occasional fatigue and spotting. Friends who've taken it for heavy periods say it has massively helped. The estrogen dose in it is similar to a medium dose patch, I believe (apart from two slightly higher days and four slightly lower days, designed to mimic your own hormones).

Sadly, there is no miracle cure, but this is definitely the best thing I've tried so far.
xxx

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2015, 10:23:06 PM »

I was housebound for 3 months and believed that I would never go anywhere again.  Maybe if you give up work because it's necessary in order to cope with the symptoms, once you get that sorted you could volunteer somewhere part-time to ease back into a working situation?  Volunteering often leads to employment  ;)

Or could you take 2 weeks off 'sick' to see if being at home and not having to get up with the alarm nor pander to others, helps?