Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hear loop recorder implanted yesterday and now sciatica!  (Read 5151 times)

countrybumpkin

Hear loop recorder implanted yesterday and now sciatica!
« on: June 30, 2015, 06:33:30 AM »

I have just realised that my header reads as if they have implanted the recorder in my buttock to annoy my sciatic nerve ;D

I had the recorder implanted yesterday and it was a fairly brutal proceedure under local anaethetic and I have an incision just where you cleavage starts on my left breast, the bruising down the left breast is spectacular and they have used skin glue to seal the incision but it covers quite a big area even onto my other breast and it dries hard and spiky so thats really good when you move - its like being stung  by wasps :o

Anyway I went to bed last night but could only sleep in one position otherwise it was too painful to sleep and this is not usual for me, I move alot during the night as I have bad back problems.  I was woken up at 5am with awful shooting pain down the front of my calf into my foot and ache in my buttock so can only assume the sleeping in one position has put pressure on my sciatic nerve. grrr its bad enough having to cope with the after effects of the proceedure without adding sciatica pain into it.

Just wanted a moan ;)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hear loop recorder implanted yesterday and now sciatica!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 10:53:41 AM »

You moan away but can you explain what a 'hear loop recorder' is ............  :-\

Scampi

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 10:59:48 AM »

I'm thinking, due to the location where it was inserted, it's actually heart loop recorder? 

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 11:00:51 AM »

:-\

countrybumpkin

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 11:05:02 AM »

Ooops sorry I should have typed heart loop recorder, I'm partially sighted so mistakes are all to common sadly!

Scampi

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 12:10:26 PM »

Is the pain due to the incision itself, or the spikey glue?  If it's the latter, could you cover it for bed (non-adherent dressing) so you don't get the 'wasp stings'?

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 12:39:54 PM »

Non the wiser  ;D ...........

How's the sciatica now that you are up and about?

countrybumpkin

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 12:51:51 PM »

The sciatica has improved once up and about so hoping it does not come back again tonight!

CLKD just for you - the loop recorder records my heartbeat 24/7 and at midnight each night it transmits this via mobile phone signal to hospital.  If I get one of my about to faint attacks and wonky heartbeat then I phone them and download it via mobile phone network straight away.

Wonders of modern technology.

I am horrified with the extent of the bruising on my left breast but just spoken to hospital and they say you get alot of bruising considering how tiny the device is ( size of a matchstick) as its quite brutal when its inserted ( can agree as if felt like I was being punched in the chest).  I have also read that some people take 4-6 weeks for everything to heal.
The pain is mixture of soreness around incision site and the ****ly dried glue.

I am trying hard not to let my anxiety get the better of me as I always worry about worse case scenario like infection or it wanders off never to be found again! ( this is a rare posibility - the wandering off)

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 12:54:52 PM »

Majic!  How is the sciatica?

It probably won't migrate.  It is known in those chips that are put into pets for their Passports  ::) but they can be tracked ;-)!  Have you any arnica to rub onto the bruising?

countrybumpkin

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 01:57:03 PM »

I meant to get some arnica but to be honest didn't expect bruising like this, our local chemists are useless so no chance of buying some today.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 10:10:26 PM »

did the sciatica ease without pain relief?

Your village shop may sell arnica  :-\ if not, an excuse for a trip out in the morning?

Scampi

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2015, 07:20:15 AM »

Don't be surprised if the bruising spreads!  When I had my wisdom teeth out (3 fully impacted, and one not so bad but still needed to come out), the bruising on my face (which I expected) spread down my my neck and across my boobs in the 2 weeks post-op!  Surgeon said it was perfectly normal.

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2015, 01:06:49 PM »

yep that happened to me!  I think the Dental Surgeon had put an anvil in side my gob.

Happend to my Mum after her fall in Nov., the bruising spread from eyes, face down her chin under her neck into the chest area  ::)

How R U 2-day?

countrybumpkin

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 10:49:56 AM »

Thanks for asking.  The bruising is not as dark as it was although I have a huge deep purple area that is lumpy which I assume is actually pooled blood under the skin :o

The pain when I move is not quite as bad although I seem to be getting pains in all sorts of places probably due to position and the effects of being effectively thumped twice in the chest!
I do have to hold my boobs still when going up and down stairs ;D as the joggling hurts like heck.

The itching has started around the incision - grit teeth and don't scratch time!

Limpy

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 02:18:15 PM »

Countrybumpkin - Is the recorder implanted permanently?
Pages: [1] 2