Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 11712 times)

spiritguide

Re: Hello
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2015, 08:04:08 PM »

Thank you, thank you... It's good to know that I'm not alone!
Maybe feisty people in general feel menopause the worst? My eldest sister is the more laid back one, she didn't need hrt. My other sister similar to me, bossy , feisty etc, she had menopause from hell. I am also going to hell on a frequent basis. It would be interesting to find out if personalities had a bearing on severity of symptoms but then again maybe talking through my ****!

spiritguide

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2015, 08:39:20 PM »

I have taken my first HRT tablet this morning! At last...it begins. Watch this space.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2015, 09:06:20 PM »

You really meant what you said then Spiritguide  ;)

I got more feisty the older I got ……….

SmitsAnnie

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2015, 09:35:52 PM »

Totally feel the same about intolerance of others - but I've formed a new view on it all ....

It's not me that's becoming more intolerant - it's everyone else  :)
They now say stupid things, and do stupid things - all of which are purposefully goading me to reaction

Am now contemplating HRT too - so let me know if it helps or changes things
(and good luck!)

spiritguide

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2015, 08:12:32 PM »

Ha, ha..a good way of looking at things! And thanks...I hope the monster retreats but I think it will take time.

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2015, 10:00:09 PM »

How was the head this morning ?  :whist:

SmitsAnnie - have you seen the strange woman thread  ;)

spiritguide

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2015, 08:42:43 PM »

Thanks for asking, it was fine. Plenty of water helped. ;)

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2015, 10:18:37 PM »

:lol:

spiritguide

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2015, 03:45:15 PM »

I have now been taking the hrt for 7 days. On day 5 I noticed I wasn't  as exhausted, not aching as much and my mood on a more even keel since I don't know when. Result! However I am getting very bloated, which I know is a side effect, but I come my body will acclimatise with time. I have read that taking the tab with food helps, but I have to take it upon waking as I will forget (as I have a history of this) to take it otherwise. HRT is certainly floating my bloat (sorry that was terrible, but irristible).

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2015, 04:28:27 PM »

;D ……… do you not eat breakfast  :-\

TropicalVon69

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2015, 06:15:07 PM »

Fingers crossed for you spirit guide.....will be watching your posts as I have femoston to try......had enough of this anxiety and depression and been raging the last couple of days and exhausted....period started yesterday.........had completely and utterly enough so taking a tab tomorrow.....did you feel OK the first few days?

spiritguide

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2015, 09:22:42 PM »

Hey CKLD... I do eat brekkie, but at work about 8.30 if not too busy otherwise I have it for dessert, after lunch.i wake up approx. 6am on a week day, (or earlier) and so I don't fancy eating but I have been gulping the tab.
TropicalVon69  - feel for you big time. I didn't notice much the first couple of days, but after about a week I've been feeling better (but with the preggie-like bloating). It feels like I have loads of trapped wind but there is no escape from the body. Stupidly wore a striped (yes, striped) bodycon dress, and took loads of rennies as I was expanding slowly and no amount of breathing in was (I felt) made a difference. I am hoping as I said earlier, that my body will get used to the hormones and settle down. Moods are better, but I have in life always been a bit of a moody, fierce bint anyway, the peri just magnified it.

spiritguide

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2015, 09:23:09 PM »

Now my boobs are starting to get tender! At least I've got more energy now, but hoping the physiological side of things calm down.

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2015, 10:16:10 PM »

If it ain't 1 thing it's another  >:(  ::) ………..

spiritguide

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2015, 07:45:55 PM »

My tummy has now settled down on the oestrogen part of the HRT. I've noticed that my moods are back to normal-ish and I've been upbeat! I have been taking the grey progesterone now for 2 days...husband said I've been a mare...very changeable. He's riding the dragon (his words)...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4