Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Patch equivalent to gel  (Read 1813 times)

Sazduggs

Patch equivalent to gel
« on: May 12, 2015, 05:45:58 PM »

Hi,

I am on 100 Evorel and 1 pump of gel, but the gel takes me too high so I cut it to half a pump and i end up too low by bedtime or 12 hours, still fluctuating after 4 months so basically I have come to to conclusion that gel is not for me, I have just got a prescription for a 25 patch to add to my 100 so I'll be wearing 2!!

Can anyone tell me the gel/patch Estrogen equivalents, I thought it was 1 pump= 50 patch so 1/2 pump will = 25?????  Any ideas????

Sarah xxxxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Patch equivalent to gel
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 09:01:49 PM »

Sorry - no help at all  ::) - let us know how you get on.

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 09:50:55 PM »

Can only give my experience here, but may be different from you.
Meno consultant told me that Estradot 50 patch was roughly equivalent to 3 pumps of oestrogel. Estradot 37.5 equivalent to 2 pumps. 

Salad

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 10:48:48 PM »

Poor you!

I'm not sure I'll be any help :)

I was told maximum prescribed dose of Oestrogel of 4 pumps is equal to Evorel 100 patch.

I've recently changed from gel to patch. The gel dose of 4 pumps in the morning wore off by 4-6pm so I had to use another one or two pumps before bed. My blood level then went extremely high despite me still having low symptoms in the evenings.
When I changed to the patch I had to reduce the 100 dose to evorel 75 after two weeks as I started having symptoms of being too high.

Thankfully I'm having way more good days than bad so I'm trying to stick to 75.

Hope you get sorted soon. X