Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: At the end of my tether :(  (Read 7814 times)

Annie0710

Re: At the end of my tether :(
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2015, 10:19:00 PM »

I think there's a huge possibility that one day soon you will suddenly decide to go.  I would've gone sooner if someone had took me away and helped me, but of course I wasn't telling anyone my problems, I know he had control over his temper because he never displayed it front of anyone, he controlled the finances too, I had no independence

I ran to my friends the day after he fractured my cheekbone and almost finished me by strangling me, there were other injuries, but that day she said if I didn't tell my family, she would, so I had to fess up, that's when I got the strength to leave, it was painful because during peaceful phases he was nice, but I learned so much after breaking free just how controlling he was, and didn't realise it at the time

I'm sure you too will have your time to leave if he carries on without getting the help

Take care

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: At the end of my tether :(
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2015, 12:15:41 PM »

People can get drawn in by love  ::) - then it becomes a habit on both sides.  No one is worthless and no one deserves to be treated badly - most have a point where they might snap but this shouldn't be a constant 'sorry'/smack situation.  My husband tries to explain our finances but I rarely understand, however, if I thought he was controlling me via money etc. I would be out of here! 

Thinking seriously about whether a break could help is important.  Gives each other breathing space  ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]