Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Plane crash in the Alps  (Read 17732 times)

rosebud57

Re: Plane crash in the Alps
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2015, 09:39:30 AM »

I agree totally with what you said GeordieGirl.  I think with this chap, he probably had some sort of personality disorder as well.  This is hard to diagnose and not possible to treat.

We will probably not know the full truth, but I hope it does not increase the isolation of people with depression.  It would be very wrong think that all people with depression/anxiety are dangerous.

When I was interviewed for my last job I did not tell them I had recently had depression and luckily they did not ask.  There is always the fear you will be turned down because of it.  However, for jobs where peoples lives and safety are at risk the situation should be different and some way should be found that is fair to the employee and safe for those his/her employment effects. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2015, 10:11:13 PM »

I was offered psychological counselling by my GP in 1999 - but there was an 18 month's waiting list.  Cussed person that I am, when the girl eventually rang to see if I still required sessions, I said 'yes' - then it turned out I knew more about the situation than she did  ::) - she was only 'allowed' to offer me 5 sessions anyway …………

It certainly helped to talk with a stranger.  No one to question my story nor tell me 'that couldn't have happened because …..'

Moomcat

« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2015, 11:54:02 PM »

If a client discloses anything to me that infers harm to themselves or others then I have to break confidentiality.

This is explained to the person during the first meeting.

Hattie

« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2015, 08:40:00 AM »

but there was an 18 month's waiting list. 

It is not good enough - the city with the year waiting list that i mentioned was in 2012 - my extended family member had to go privately to get help quicker which i think you did yourself CLKD.

Hattie X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2015, 12:11:20 PM »

Prior to that I went privately.  Intermittently in the early 1990s. 
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]