Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: terrible panic re spotting  (Read 5482 times)

Sarai

terrible panic re spotting
« on: March 23, 2015, 01:46:27 PM »

I'm very very anxious right now, 53, been through hell. Today I have serious health anxiety. Last Monday I had a 1 day period, today has arrived the one due yesterday, preceded by massive ****ly skin and anxiety. Anyway I studied last years calendar which showed gaps of 9 weeks, 4 weeks, 6 weeks etc and 2 occasions where there was a 1 day spot.
Last September I had an internal scan which showed small fibroids and it was difficult to echo it seems. The gp I had then was unconcerned (now retired). But another gp I saw in January scared me and said, oh I would have sent you for a hysteroscopy your scan is not normal.
I have just been through a breast cancer scare and I feel I'm living on a tightrope right now, with dreadful panic and anxiety but I cant get her words out of my head and everything on the net says spotting between is a problem.
Please help, I cant face anymore invasive stuff. Im shaking just writing this.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: terrible panic re spotting
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 01:49:31 PM »

Pity GPs don't think before opening their mouths!  Hormone upheavals can cause intermittent spotting.   Do you need a towel to mop up the bleed or is it when you wipe?  If there are fibroids they may well be affected by any alteration in your hormone pattern.  I had a polyp which bled on contact for several years but which disappeared when I became peri  ::)

I doubt if you have any problem which is 'dangerous'.  You already know that your previous scan showed the fibroids which your GP will be aware of, should s/he bother to read your Notes!

What are you taking for the anxiety?

Claireylou

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 02:01:47 PM »

Hi Sarai,

Firstly, take a deep breath. This was exactly where I was last week.  I finished one period, continued spotting on and off for a week, then started another period which has today, thankfully, stopped. My imagination went into overdrive as this was the first time my periods went wonky.  Health anxiety through the roof. I too was told a few years ago that i had a womb full of tiny fibroids. These can cause a bit of spotting but maybe get a referral for peace of mind?  I went to my gp last week full of panic, shaking, the full works. Gp said it's quite usual at this stage in our lives but I have asked for a referral to gynae just for my own sanity. I'm dreading any invasive tests they might want to carry out but I figure the tests are no scarier than me sat here at 2 in the morning thinking I'm on my last legs. Doctor Google is a very very frightening place. If I have a query, I stick with this site and always find an answer. I'm thinking if your scan did throw up any abnormalities then surely a repeat scan would've been scheduled at the very least. Or the consultant involved would've ordered more tests?

You're not alone Sarai, have a  :bighug:

Sarai

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 02:07:42 PM »

Thanks for replying. I am on sertraline anyway and just started with propranolol.
The new doctor was concerned in January I was anaemic, nothing new there, so I said its my heavy periods, nothing new there either. But she looked at the scan and said 'well that wasn't normal I would have sent you for a hysteroscopy. I was due the breast surgery that month and wanted to do nothing. Since that surgery hell I just want to hide, not have more tests.
Anyway I'm not anaemic now, I took spartone and missed 2 periods November and December.
The bleed last Monday was like a tiny period but just one day, I got palpitaions everything before it came.. Todays may be the same who knows ive ****ly skin for 3 days and anxiety for this one.
I feel like im in hell now with doctors and internet words ringing in my head.

Claireylou

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 02:14:39 PM »

I really feel for you. It's a very dark place to be. Google always tend to give worst case scenarios. Even my gynae has told me not to use it to self diagnose. For me, it escalates every little thing.

If/when you feel able to ask for another scan, I did find that the pelvic ultrasound was the easiest of all the tests I've had done. Even though your gp said she would have referred you, and you said no, surely if she felt it was that urgent she would've forced the issue with you ?  Forgot to ask if you're on HRT?

Hang on in there, and don't google. Stay on here where you're amongst friends
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 02:16:10 PM by Claireylou »

Sarai

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 02:16:08 PM »

Clairylou my scan showed small fibroids and an unclear echo. I was refered due to urinary frequency, which I have nearly solved by cutting caffeine etc. Anyway the gp was unconcerned in everyway. She knew I had heavy periods due to warfarin so was not phased by the anaemia either.
Anyway today with my health anxiety going mad im panicing. My hubby wants me to do nothing as we have had months of hell waiting a cancer breast tests, long long story and I got given a massive vitamin d dose in feb for 4 weeks which has really finished me off.
Hes pretty convinced im alrright really

Sarai

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 02:18:23 PM »

The gp just said she would have done that but she had not met me before.
I have seen her since when I was panicing about another thing and she said I would always refer if I suspected cancer.
No Im not on hrt.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 03:34:46 PM »

There's your answer, your GP is 'cancer aware'.  How are you this afternoon?

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 04:37:16 PM »

Hi Sarai

I had post-menopausal spotting in 2013 even though I'm on HRT and had a hysteroscopy because the TVS showed an abnormality on the uterus they wanted to investigate and biopsy. I wasn't worried at all - as you say fibroids cause these uneven areas but good to be checked out.

I had the hysteroscopy and biopsy which showed a small fibroid. make sure the hysteroscopy is done in hospital/clinic where they do them all the time - mine was very good - in and out within 15 mins - no need for anaesthetic. Some have had not such good experiences but if the gynae is experienced should all be fine!

Sorry to hear about all your problems and the vit D thing sounds awful - but it's not up to your husband - if the doc recommends a hysteroscopy, then have one - if only for re-assurance that the unevenness is just fibroids.

Hurdity x

Sarai

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 04:49:31 PM »

I'm calmer now, had a chat with a friend who's 52 so in similar boat.
I need to see what happens next, I know I have fibroids anyway, the scanner and previous gp last September did not see a need for further testing and I am only in peri.
Last week it was like a mini 1 day period. So I need to see what today brings, I do know I am all over the place hormonally.
What is a TVS

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 04:52:12 PM »

Glad that you have relaxed a b it, problem shared and all that  ;)

Sarai

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2015, 10:30:01 PM »

So today my so called period is brown discharge, hardly any, mostly looks like old blood. Oh my health anxiety is the pits.

Sarai

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2015, 10:38:08 PM »

We'll blow me I've just found a post by me regarding the same thing back in July 2013!!
I had completely forgotten.
And I'm still here, no meno yet.

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2015, 11:54:23 AM »

…….. yep, you're still here  ;) and so is your anxiety damn it  >:(

Brown discharge is within normal limits too ………  ;)

Sarai

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2015, 07:32:30 PM »

We'll blow me yet again, since my March post I've had nothing, zilch, no sweats, no period. But I've had what I'd say is ovulation discharge. Low pelvic ache like period is coming. Today literally a tiny tiny tiny amount of blood. Pelvic ache like period is coming on strong but nothing else blood wise.
All can hear are GP words of, that should not happen. Should it, could it!
My last proper full on period was February.
I'm panicking again
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 07:43:04 PM by Sarai »
Pages: [1] 2