Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Gynae appointment  (Read 2314 times)

Shaon1978

Gynae appointment
« on: February 28, 2015, 12:15:10 PM »

Hi all

My doctor has been very supportive and has referred me very quickly to talk about my fertility as I am going through POF.

So I have just made an appointment at my local hospital for the 2nd April to see where I stand.

Has anyone else experienced this and what happens at first appointment not sure what to expect.

Sharon x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Gynae appointment
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 12:18:17 PM »

Premature Ovarian Failure?

Have a look at the links on here, Daisy.??? rings a bell.  Taking a list of your symptoms is a starting point after your GP has sent a letter to the Consultant.  Take someone with you.

Shaon1978

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 12:21:58 PM »

Yes premature ovarian failure.

My mam is going to come with me 8.30 in the morning of all times ha ha x

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 12:37:06 PM »

We don't see 8.30 a.m. in our house [both retired]  ;D

If you go to the links top of page you may find support etc. - let us know how you get on!

BrightLight

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 01:15:05 PM »

Great that you have an appointment to talk all this through, I don't have experience of this process but have read quite a lot about other people's early menopause experiences. As mentioned the Daisy network has information on fertility options and earlymenopause.com was informative as well.

Maybe if you read about your options prior to the appointment and write down questions it might help. There is so much for you to take on board, preparing might help.

You could also try the search option here to see if there are previous threads on early menopause and fertility?

How are you feeling? Did your GP prescribe you HRT?

Shaon1978

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 02:10:03 PM »

Thanks bright light I will deffo have a look and write down questions i did that at my last go appointment.

Oh I am feeling awful having an awful time with tiredness constantly tired and no energy no matter how much sleep I get.
Gp is wanting to prescribe me hrt but because of family history has referred me to genetics had a letter from the, this morning wanting death Certs for anyone who has passed that had cancer and wanting to look at my uncles records who currently has prostate cancer.
This isn't goingt to be able to be done so made an apt to see go again this week, why is it so hard to get the medication so I can start to feel a bit normal again, sigh.

Sharon x

BrightLight

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 02:38:05 PM »

Sharon, I feel for you, lots to take on board and of course the main thing is you want to feel better. I hope that happens as quickly as it can.

It might take a while to get all the testing and decisions made but in the long run it will be fantastic that care was taken to choose the right medication for you and all your fertility options explored.

It must be frustrating. Hold the faith that things will improve now you are in the process. Solutions will be found x

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 05:23:45 PM »

You can obtain copies of death certificates which will give medical information unless of course adoption is involved.  My Grandparents' certificates are interesting - totally different causes of Death to what I was told at the time  ::)

Crashing fatigue is awful.  Rest as much as you can and keep hydrated!