Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: estrogel to estradot  (Read 8190 times)

Suzyq

Re: estrogel to estradot
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2015, 02:28:06 AM »

When I reduced it took around 4 weeks to take effect

donnacrichton

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2015, 07:39:47 AM »

Thank you x

donnacrichton

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 04:49:54 PM »

Does dropping estrogen cause headaches as now headaches painkillers not touching and flushings all the time. Had blood results have come back in normal range while on hrt. I am so confused back burning. I have no hormones of my own feeling desperate consultant on holiday

donnacrichton

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2015, 07:33:40 PM »

Is it possible I am fluctuating up & down from the 75 mcg then reduced to 50mcg. Was only on 75 mcg for about 10 days?

paulineh

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2015, 11:02:22 AM »

Hi

Probably a really silly question but how do you get your ovaries shut down?

Taz2

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2015, 11:54:26 AM »

This sort of explains it

Medical shutdown of the ovaries
Medicines can be used to temporarily stop the ovaries from making estrogen. Two of the most common ovarian shutdown medicines are:

Zoladex (chemical name: goserelin)
Lupron (chemical name: leuprolide)
Zoladex and Lupron are both luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone (LHRH) agonists. These medicines work by telling the brain to stop the ovaries from making estrogen. The medicines are given as injections once a month for several months or every few months. Once you stop taking the medicine, the ovaries begin functioning again. The time it takes for the ovaries to recover can vary from woman to woman.

Deciding to have your ovaries shut down with medicine or surgically removed requires a lot of careful thought and discussion with your doctor.

Taz x  :)

donnacrichton

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2015, 08:21:46 PM »

Had to be taken off estradot as was having migraines not had these before. Back on estrogel started on 3 pumps but doing it in one dose. Seems to be settling well so fingers crossed. Getting ovaries shut down has not been an easy option. Would think very carefully before giving this a try x

Suzyq

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2015, 02:50:53 AM »

I agree Donna - I thought it was a pretty extreme approach by your doctor!

Glad you're feeling better now - try to stick at your dose solidly for a while - adjusting too much will probs cause you problems (it did for me). I still have bad spells but ride them out now cos I know they're only going to last a few days at most!!

donnacrichton

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2015, 07:44:03 PM »

I have stuck to same dose even though some days have been hard. I have given in so many times & upped dose. I am determined not to move dose as this has been my biggest problem. I know I am not getting a quick fix.

Sazduggs

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2015, 09:40:05 PM »

Hey Donna,

How are you doing now you are back on gel?

I felt great for the first 10 days on evorel 100, a little over stimulated and excited but it was all good, it settled to normal after 3-4 days. I slept amazing, no low moods or anxiety or headaches then on Friday I started to feel a drop, sleeping crappy ish, loads of warm surges and adrenaline surges with more nausea and terrible bloating so it feels like I've gone to low again for the last 3 days?

Does anyone know what's going on????

Xxxxx

Sazduggs

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2015, 09:41:18 PM »

Also..........

Does anyone have flu like feelings?

donnacrichton

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2015, 10:28:56 PM »

I've been up & down. Headaches getting less and aroused feeling gone. I'm getting some flushes and some anxiety. Only been 7 days but my levels were way too high. Some hours nearly feeling normal. Determined not to change dose until next consultant appointment at the end of the month
 Have you had any improvement at all?
Pages: 1 [2]