Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Having a bad day!!!!  (Read 9585 times)

robotwars

Having a bad day!!!!
« on: February 01, 2015, 03:33:25 PM »

Hi! I'm just coming on for a moan, hope you don't mind! I'm just having one of those days, feeling awful, no sleep last night, kept waking up every hour, stomach cramps but no period, 3 weeks now, will it ever arrive!  feeling very low and fed up - brain like mush!!!!! trying to do the paperwork for work! Then the printer doesn't work, Aaghhh!!!
Not sure which way to go with treatments, in front of me I have a pack of menoserene and a pack of cyclo-progynova, which has been prescribed by my GP, he said to try and start the HRT when my period arrives, but it hasn't and I'm not sure if this is the right treatment for me, I'm so scared of the side effects after the side effects I experienced on prempak C, and the mini pill........ I'm suppose to be working but all I keep doing is searching on the internet to try and help me decide what to do, just feel so low at the moment. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow....sorry for moaning

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Having a bad day!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 03:37:20 PM »

You moan away.  Are you taking pain relief?

PMB63

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 04:17:02 PM »

Hi CLKD
I'm having a horrible day too. In agony with hot water bottle on my tummy and tucked up in bed.  Should have been out celebrating my daughter's 30th but doubled up with the most horrific period pain and so so low in mood.  I've been taking Oestrogel for three and a half weeks now and Utrogestan 200 mg from day 15 to day 22 as I didnt manage to take it the full  recommended 12 days. It's day 25 today and I started bleeding yesterday evening. I used to suffer with really bad period pain when I was younger but this pain now is definitely worse. I feel like stopping everything right now but worried that I may give in before I've given it a "good try"  I just want some quality of life back. I'm signed off sick at the moment, too.  Lost my confidence completely and the brain fog is not helping matters. Very emotional and tearful and just getting worse by the day.  This is my third HRT trial and I really pinned my hopes on it.
Have tried Elleste Duet tablets and Femseven Patches before this but not very long. The Elleste made me very nauseous and Femseven Sequi didn't stick and also gave me a really painful bleed. 
Sorry, that's not making you feel better is it, but you are not alone CLKD.  I've got a telephone appointment with my GP tomorrow and will tell her exactly how I feel. But don't think she'll be able to help to be honest. It's horrible to feel like all the time  :'( x

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 04:33:04 PM »

Hi PMB - have you had your painful bleeding investigated?

Taz x

PMB63

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 04:46:57 PM »

Hi Taz
No I haven't. Do you think I should then?
P x

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 05:09:26 PM »

Certainly if you are having such bad pains the GP should advise on what to use for relief?!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 09:22:45 PM by CLKD »

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 05:40:44 PM »

I just wondered whether you may have fibroids. If the pain is increasing then it makes sense to ask for investigations to check. It's a shame that you have to put up with this if there is a solution.

As for the Femseven giving you a painful bleed I also found this but by the third month the bleeding was fine and there was no pain. Why not ask the GP for a referral?

Taz x

PMB63

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 06:27:05 PM »

Thank you I will ask her. Do you think it may be too early to "throw in the towel" and things may improve yet on the HRT?  Like I said its been 3.5 weeks on this new regime now.
P X

Kathleen

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2015, 07:17:52 PM »

Hello PMB63.

I'm sure a lot of the ladies will advise you to stick with your regime for a decent amount of time and I think that's right. Having said that I know how frustrating this whole business is and the desperate need to feel better.

This is a rough ride for some of us and it's just not fair!

Sending you hugs.

K.

PMB63

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2015, 07:36:43 PM »

Hi K
Thank you very much. I think I will stick it out for another month at least. Figured out that I can't really feel much worse right now and kind of don't want to give up right "before the miracle happens"   
I'm living in hope......
Much love
P X

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2015, 09:23:25 PM »

Get some pain relief and you will feel more hopeful!

Hurdity

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2015, 11:48:11 AM »

robotwars and PMB63 - hope you're feeling better today.

robotwars - let us know how you get on with the Cycloprogynova when you do decide to get going - and hope it works for you.

Hurdity x

robotwars

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2015, 09:00:44 PM »

Thanks for your replies. PMB63 I hope your feeling better :)
I just don't know what to do, I have spent so much time researching the HRT prescribed by my doctor (cyclo-progynova), I'm just so worried about side effects but at the same time I'm not feeling great, the side effect that concerns me the most after my last attempt at HRT was the severe stomach cramps and nausea plus upset stomach, I also suffered with terrible headaches, last time I was on prempak, I'm just so worried about taking it and feeling rubbish, doctor suggested trying it for 3 months. He aslo said it would be better to take it on day 5 of my cycle but I haven't been on since the beginning of December, I have had period like pains for 4 weeks now but still no sign. I also have a pack of menoserene, the herbal alternative but reading the pack all vitamins etc are at 200% of the daily allowance is that normal, it does seem a lot!!!!
Why is life so difficult for women men seem to have it so easy!!! LOL - my hubby is fed up of me talking about it......he now says just make a decision and go with it!!!!

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2015, 09:42:27 PM »

In a way he is correct!  You have talked with your GP and unless you try what is prescribed you won't know - and 3 months is the going trial time.  I used to wonder about my ADs but eventually I had to accept that I need them for
Life  :-\

PMB63

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2015, 11:39:23 PM »

Hi robotwars
I seem to be getting every bug that's going around at the moment. On antibiotics again for sinusitis this time.  I'm feeling washed out and very fatigued & lethargic.  Just hoping every day that the HRT will work for me, but still feeling very emotional at the moment.  Trying to be patient although it's not easy.  Can't remember the last time I managed a full day without crying.  Have put on nearly 6 Pounds since starting HRT and feeling so bloated every day too.
Sorry, bet you wish you hadn't asked now..... I hope you will reach a decision you're comfortable with and that you'll feel better soon too.
Much love P x
Pages: [1] 2 3