Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Livial: desperate to take it but scared to death!  (Read 5576 times)

Daisylady

Livial: desperate to take it but scared to death!
« on: January 29, 2015, 09:08:25 PM »

Hello all 
I am a 56 year old woman and I was prescribed Livial last week.  I am desperate to relieve quite a few menopausal symptoms but am so scared of medication.  I am so afraid it might make anxiety worse and my occasional dizzy spells.  Reading your comments it seems it can change your life and I really need that!   It didn't help that initially my GP prescribed Fem 7 patches which when I researched them were only to be given to women who had had a hysterectomy.  She couldn't apologise enough.. Any advice would be great..  feeling scared but hopeful... :o
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 09:11:07 PM by Daisylady »

Dancinggirl

Re: Livial: desperate to take it but scared to death!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 09:51:57 PM »

Hi and Welcome to MM Daisylady
I tried Livial and it was actually rather good - it's good for improving the libido as well as helping with all the meno symptoms!!!  The only thing I didn't like was the return of the teenage type spots - I've always suffered with spots and they unfortunately got worse I think because I am prone to outbreaks.
I'd definitely give this HRT a try - it worked really quickly for me and suits many women very well.  Dg x

Linsey44

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 11:18:03 PM »

Hi Daisylady

I used livial for a few months it was ok, no side effects but its just didnt produce enough hormones to alleviate meno symptoms.

I was 44 and just had ovaries out so my meno symptoms were maybe more severe as my body was probably in shock.

Maybe you could try them for a few months and see how it goes.

Let us know how you get on.
Linsey

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 11:36:55 PM »

Hi Daisy - welcome.

Your doc was wrong I'm afraid. The Femseven patches are not just for ladies who have had a hysterectomy. If you are over the age of 54 then you can use Femseven conti patches which gives you a continuous dose of progesterone to protect your womb. It is very confusing at times to work out which HRT will be the one for you and lots of us have been given the wrong advice from our GP.

Try the Livial. Most of us are scared of starting HRT but the benefits, once you find an HRT which suits you, can be wonderful.

Taz x

peegeetip

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 12:27:23 AM »

Hi

I agree with Taz go ahead with Livial and don't worry.

But did doc not try to offer you FEMSEVEN SEQUI or CONTI?
Any specific reason they had in mind or was this another pot luck option?

All doc has done is supply you earlier with the Estrogen only Femseven as Taz mentioned.
No surprise these days on what gets prescribed due to lack of care and understanding :(

If your still having infrequent periods prior to patches then sequi.
If your past your last period (greater than 1 year) then conti.

There are other posts on livial so just use the search button above on the MM site.

:-*

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 03:03:50 PM »

Hi Daisylady

:welcomemm:

I hope you soon begin to feel the benefits of taking the Livial but if this doesn't suit you then there are plenty of other options that will make you feel better!  :)

Hurdity x

Daisylady

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 08:47:39 PM »

Thank you so much ladies for your invaluable advice!  From what I gather so far it sees that Livial is low on bad effects and can actually be great for relieving symptoms.  @ Taz sorry don't know which fem7 it was, took them back to the pharmacy but I had read that if you have not had hysterectomy you should not have oestrogen only.
I will give the Livial a go and let you all know how it goes
 :-*

Dancinggirl

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 09:09:20 AM »

Daisylady -  Good luck - I think you may be in for a pleasant surprise in a couple of weeks time - maybe even sooner. Keep us posted.   DG x

Dana

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2015, 11:25:43 PM »

Livial was the very first HRT I tried and I really liked it. Because it only comes in a low dose though it stopped working for me after about 9 months and I had to change. I wish they made it in a higher dose (well at least they don't here in Australia). Eventually I hope I might be able to go back on it if I can reduce my dose back down.