Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Re Itchy Scalp  (Read 2595 times)

Midnight Shadow

Re Itchy Scalp
« on: January 04, 2015, 02:25:10 PM »

Yes, sorry it is me again. Happy New Year to you all. Has anyone else had a very itchy scalp since entering the Menopause? Some days it seems to be worse than others. Am trying different shampoos, Neutrogena, Oilatum and Body Shop ginger shampoo.  Have been to the hairdressers and she thinks it is age related and possibly a warm atmosphere within the house. Any advice would be gratefully received.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Re Itchy Scalp
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 02:37:19 PM »

Yep.  As well as itchy insteps when I'm in the bath, itchiness across the back of my shoulders [where I can't quite reach  :( ], down my legs  ::)

I good scratch works wonders  ::)

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 02:44:59 PM »

Thanks for quick reply. Gosh we do suffer don't we. It's not fair. I know it's not life threatening, but debilitating all the same.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 02:46:29 PM »

If you wake in the night how about wearing gloves to prevent over-scratching = bleeding? scabs can itch too  ::) …….. >pauses to scratch< ………. I find not washing my hair often helps too.

jedigirl

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 07:18:54 PM »

Hi, re itchy scalp; my son has scalp eczema and the only thing that soothes it is soaking it in manuka honey solution on a night then washing it out. Sometimes he washes it in the honey too but it does need careful rinsing with warm water. Worth a try x