Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Another Period 1 Week Later  (Read 2458 times)

chloe

Another Period 1 Week Later
« on: December 10, 2014, 08:55:23 AM »

I was late with my period by about a week which is unusual for me then I started. It wasn't a heavy one but lasted the usual time. I finished then  5 days later I kept having these cold spells wash over me. They started at my shoulders then I could feel it go down my body right down to my feet.  I kept having these quite a few times for a couple of days. I had never had this sensation before.
I have now got a full on period only 1 week after my other finished. Is it normal to have them like this so close after the last one. I have no female I can talk to about the menopause so I am in the dark here. I am guessing this is now the start of the menopause.

Dancinggirl

Re: Another Period 1 Week Later
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 09:13:59 AM »

Hi Chloe
I'm afraid this can be very typical for the peri menopause stage - I had periods very close together and then big gaps between - it's all very annoying.  Some women do get cold spells or flushes as well as hot flushes.  I describe my flushes as a general inability to control my body temperature.
DG x

chloe

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 12:58:21 PM »

Thank you for your replies. I also have hot flushes which I prefer than the cold flashes as I can feel cold all day. It's quite a novelty to me to be hot when it's freezing outside as I have always felt the cold.
I am going to start taking StarFlower oil capsules for it as my daughter takes these for skin problems so we have plenty of them in and see if they help.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 01:06:29 PM »

Hi chloe - you could always have a blood test to check your thyroid since feeling cold is a symptom and this often can go haywire around menopause too.

Hurdity x