Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: No period on Climagest 1mg  (Read 6229 times)

renee

No period on Climagest 1mg
« on: December 02, 2014, 10:14:25 PM »

Iv been on Climagest 1 mg for 3 months....for the last 3 weeks my menopause symptoms have returned.

I was due a period 3 days ago after finishing one pack and starting a new pack but nothing has happened. This HRT is supposed to give me a bleed!!!

Millykin

Re: No period on Climagest 1mg
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 11:15:03 PM »

Hi renee
You won't always get a bleed every month in your HRT. I'm on Femoston 1/10 since April first 3 months had a bleed then nothing since but that's ok. Also your symptoms may return a bit when your own hormones kick in. You need to give it more time and don't worry about no bleed, are you on a low dose ? You will find your symptoms will pass again.
X

renee

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 11:30:08 PM »

Thanks Millykin,

I always thought if you were taking HRT there would be no menopause symptoms....wrong!! Haha.
I was thinking of asking for the dosage to be increased as my symptoms are a bit worse this time...I now also have a lot body and scalp itching and Im really hot...oh and insomnia.

The symptoms I had before HRT were bad enough now I have an added bonus of these 3 with no bleed. See how I feel in a months time, xx

Millykin

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 11:34:29 PM »

Femoston is a kinder progesterone so if your first one doesn't work out for you ask for that, I first tried elleste duet and after 4 months all hell let loose so stopped then tried Femoston after reading on here and it's been great, still have odd day of feeling iffy but nothing major.
X

peegeetip

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 11:34:35 AM »

Hi Renee

I thought you were on the medium dose 2mg climagest?
Thats maybe the reason your hot again if your down to 1mg low dose?

On the insomnia, itching these could be side effects from other drugs your on.

AD's can have the above side effects and also slow/delay the monthly cycle.
But the lack of periods perhaps its still worth getting doc to refer you to check on that (thickening etc), just incase.

Hope things improve soon.

:-*

« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 11:37:59 AM by peegeetip »

renee

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 04:58:16 PM »

Thanks everyone,

This is my 2nd shot of Climagest as the last one I was on Elleste Duet didn't work for me!

Im not on antidepressants now, just my throxine for an under active thyroid.

I contacted my doc who I managed to speak to on the telephone and the only thing she suggested was increasing the Climagest, which I will. Iv asked for bloods but doc said because Im on HRT already it would give a false reading of my hormone level and Zi had my thyroid checked not long ago.

Hardly slept last night and been napping today....ringing in my ears too.

The joys of menopause...totally sick of it!!!! 😕😕

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 06:26:48 PM »

Hi renee

I'm not sure why the doc changed you from Elleste to Climagest because they are almost exactly the same! Did you go from Elleste 1 mg to Climagest 2 mg to try to reduce symptoms?

Hurdity x

renee

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 12:20:08 AM »

Hi Huridity,

The Elleste Duet didn't help my symptoms. Initially I was on Climagest for about 18 months....7 months at 1mg then the rest on 2mg but then I started getting a lot of break through bleeding so a Doc changed me to a Elleste, meanwhile I went for a scan to find I have numerous fibroids so that could have been causing the breakthroughs. By then I was on Elleste but within months I knew they weren't working for me so back onto Climagest....now on 2mg and not feeling much of the benefit of higher dose but then it's only been 3 days.

Hope this all makes sense!! 😬

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2014, 11:58:42 AM »

It does make sense but there should be little difference between Climagest and Elleste in terms of how they work because they are both pretty much the same and have equivalent doses and they wouldn't have a different effect re breakthrough bleeding as both have the same dose of norethisterone!!. As you say it was probably the fibroids not the HRT.
2mg Climagest should have the same effect as 2mg Elleste and from what I've read you may even get a slightly higher dose of oestrogen from the Elleste because in Climagest it is Estradiol valerate which translates (I think) into a slightly lower estradiol serum concentration (I read this some while ago so a bit hazy on details...).

Whatever  - I hope it all works for you and your symptoms subside soon without bleeding problems!

Hurdity x

peegeetip

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2014, 04:06:23 PM »

The valerate version is supposed to be "slower" to release into your system. 1mg of each is same but the valerate should take longer to process and for the body to use.  :o

But I agree with the others, not sure why the doctor has pushed you back to the almost same HRT.

There is also the option of going to 3 month cycle with Tridestra.

See the following for the details:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/perimeno.php

This may give you longer to build up enough to then have a normal period every 3 months.

I would like to have tried this route as my own cycle was nearing the year between :(
However doc thought it was not for me as they thought it was a post meno options  ???
Imho, I think my doc reckoned that I'd give up the HRT as I'd have to go back to a monthly cycle too after having periods 6 months plus apart  :o

Hope things get back to normal asap for you

:-*
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 04:27:56 PM by peegeetip »

renee

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2014, 02:35:14 PM »

Thanks everyone...Iv written a list of questions and concerns and Im phoning Doc surgery tomorrow. 🎅🎅🎅

renee

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2014, 08:16:36 PM »

Just to update you all...I spoke to my Doc today and I have to stick with the higher dose of Climagest until the end of the pack as Iv only been on the higher dose for 9 days.

If Im still not happy then I can consider Femoston. Also, she thought my insomnia was really bad and the lack of sleep etc was affecting my mood and anxiety and offered a low dose anti depressant to take at night to help with sleep also as I can't remember the last time I slept well and felt totally happy, I just broke down today as Iv been keeping a lot inside and I just let it all out today. ❤️