Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Itchy scalp remedies. What works for me.......what works for you???  (Read 10251 times)

Mickyaela

I  have had a very itchy scalp and neck for many weeks.  Hubby checked me for nits as i kept having that crawling sensation....I changed my shampoo and conditioner a  couple of times but there was no improvement. So i invested in an old favourite from when the kids were younger. ABC Tea Tree Oil shampoo and conditioner. Within a couple of weeks the itchiness has just about stopped. The conditioner is not very good for de tangling long hair so i use my normal conditioner on the length of my hair and the tea tree one just on  my scalp. Anybody else had any successes?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Itchy scalp remedies. What works for me.......what works for you???
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 05:55:03 PM »

Scratching  :-\  ::) -    4 me any bodily itchiness is due to a lack of oestrogen - both insteps, scalp, across my back …………

Millykin

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 06:52:06 PM »

Funny you should say that CLKD before HRT I used to be constantly itchy at base of neck just wouldn't go away thought I had nits too lol but since HRT never had it at all.

DebsMK

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 07:04:28 PM »

I used to have dreadful crawling and tingling in my scalp near the crown along with thinning hair there.  Since I've been on HRT it's stopped all together and my hair is thickening up again.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 07:24:25 PM »

:welcomemm: by the way  ::)

Millykin

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 08:02:44 PM »

Just noticed you both new  :welcomemm:

tabbycat3838

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 10:20:39 AM »

I have this aswell,itchy scalp and feels just like having headlice.. it satrts a few days before my period comes ..i always know im about to come on because of it..i wondered what on earth it was !seems im not the only one x

Joyce

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 11:28:22 AM »

Polytar shampoo is supposed to help for itchy scalps.

Tea tree shampoo was what a pile of us used at nursery few years back to try & prevent us getting head lice. We had several kids who had them & we were constantly checking them & ourselves. But it made us itch.  We'd been told head lice do not like tea tree.

Wonder if it would work over rest of my body, when it gets itchy.  ;)

Winterose

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2014, 04:42:54 PM »

I found Aveda shampoo and conditioner stopped the itchiness - only by chance as was staying in hotel where it was in the bathroom and only noticed  3 days later i didnt have an itchy scalp ( had had it for years)  so stayed with it .  Expensive but a little goes a long way.

Larney

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2014, 08:40:32 PM »

I thought it was just me! I have the itchyiest of itchy scalps, so thanks for the tips!

Winterose

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2014, 06:16:19 PM »

Am sure there are other shampoos that would help but havent found them yet, even baby shampoo sets me off.

ariadne

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2014, 10:11:02 PM »

E45 shampoo helped stop my scalp itching but its rather expensive compared to normal shampoo and not that easy to find. I've been using Simple shampoo which is working well for me.

I too get the frantic itching just at the base of my scalp and get raised itchy lumps there. I think its heat that sets it off. Washing my hair and really massaging that lumpy itchy bit seems to ease it.

Ariadne xx

peegeetip

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2014, 11:11:16 AM »

I used to have dreadful crawling and tingling in my scalp near the crown along with thinning hair there.  Since I've been on HRT it's stopped all together and my hair is thickening up again.

I would be interested to know which HRT that is, just incase ;)

:-*

Rowan

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2014, 12:03:15 PM »

I recommend goat milk shampoo also the soap is fantastic for skin and the cream for eczema prone skin.

Does wonders for itching skin.

DebsMK

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2014, 06:10:03 PM »

I would be interested to know which HRT that is, just incase ;)

:-*

Sorry peegee - I've just noticed this *smacks wrist*.  I was on Prempak C 0.6 and that stopped the itching and crawling a couple of days after I took it.  I noticed my hair had thickened up around 3 months afterwards.  Nine days ago I started Femoston 1/10 because I started to get palpitations on the Prempak (plus I wasn't too keen on the horse aspect).  Strangely I can feel twinges in my scalp, still have palpitations and my frozen shoulder has returned.  I guess it's a case of trial and error as to what suits you.  I shall stay on the Femoston 1/10 and see what happens, I guess I may need a higher dose.   ???

Pages: [1] 2