Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Should I give up???  (Read 1830 times)

damsondebbie

Should I give up???
« on: November 23, 2014, 04:47:34 PM »

Hi everyone

This is the first time I have posted on here but I just don't know what to do.  I have been on Kliovance for approx 8 months.  First 3 months were awful, loads of bleeding and really bad period pain.  It did seem to settle down and last time I went to doctors she gave me six months.  However in the last 10 days I have started with really bad period dragging pain for most of the day.  Also my boobs kill and I have had a bit of spotting.  I am living on painkillers!  I am going on holiday tomorrow till fri so wont be able to get to the doctors for at least a week (if I can get an appointment!!!)

I would like peoples opinions on whether it is worth persevering with hrt as it hasn't provided the 'miracle cure' I was hoping for.  It has stopped the flushes but I am generally hot for a lot of the time.  I also have irritable bowel which seems much worse since being on the hrt.  What does everyone think?

Dancinggirl

Re: Should I give up???
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 05:37:15 PM »

Hi and welcome damsondebbie
Don't give up - I'm afraid you just need to try something different.  i hated the sore breasts  when taking continuous HRT and the bleeding does tend to take a few months to settle down - that's why many women prefer to use sequential HRT and have a withdrawal bleed each month. It could be worth trying Femoston in sequential form and then move to the continuous form if it suits you.  The progesterone in Femoston is kinder.
There are lots of options - you just need to find the right one for you.
Do read up all the info under the headings to the left of this screen and get back to us with questions.
DG x

Ju Ju

Re: Should I give up???
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 07:52:18 PM »

I didn't get on with kliovance at all. I had 4 bleeds in 6 weeks and felt awful, so I contacted my gynaecologist (private, but that's another story), who said I was sensitive to progesterone. She proscribed Provera to take for 12 days every 3 months. I have done one of these cycles once and didn't find it anywhere near as unpleasant. I can postpone my progesterone cycle around what I am doing. However, I am 60, so maybe that effects what I am prescribed.