Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Desperate!!!!  (Read 5323 times)

jasmine5

Desperate!!!!
« on: November 22, 2014, 08:52:27 PM »

I'm a bit desperate for advice at the moment!  I took a break from hrt for a month then restarted for the last two-three weeks and flushes and sweats just starting to ease off now.  Since the break I've been suffering from the most awful dryness down below,  not only that but my libido is just non-existant at the moment
- no feelings whatsoever!
When I tried to make love recently I just felt nothing and ended up with the most excruciating splits around my vagina despite using lubrication - it was agony :'(

I am wondering if this problem is due to the break in the hrt and whether I now have to 'build up' the hormone levels again?  Does anyone know if I could use something like Vagifem along with the hrt? 

honeybun

Re: Desperate!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 09:15:41 PM »

A lot of us find that Vagifem is needed as well as HRT. It sounds as if you have atrophy which is very treatable.

I would pay my GP a visit and get it sorted as unfortunately it does not get any better on its own.
I don't think a month's break alone would cause it..It's probably been unhappy coincidence.
Hope you can get sorted out soon.

Honeyb
x

jasmine5

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 10:59:57 PM »

Thanks Honeybun

I will see my Gp for a prescription of Vagifem or similar asap.  I hope the Gp that I see is understanding!

Sorry to be so specific but re the libido - I  and  my OH are very worried that my desire for sex has gone forever.  Its the first time in my life that I have felt absolutely numb and unresponsive to sex (been married for 35 years).  This is so depressing as I dont feel old and I'm not ready to give up on my love life yet.  Has anyone else has had this problem? 

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 11:05:52 PM »

Hi jasmine - there have been lots of posts about libido and lack of sexual response. If you put sexual response or lack of libido in the search box in the blue bar top left of the page it will bring up the threads where they are mentioned. If this has only happened since you stopped HRT then it seems hopeful that things will return to normal once the HRT has got back into your system.

There is a difference between loss of libido and loss of response but quite often they are lumped together. If you can still orgasm even though you are not really in the mood at the beginning of things then this is a good sign. It is more difficult if, despite the usual foreplay, your body doesn't respond in the usual way and orgasm doesn't happen.

Taz x  :hug:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 11:08:57 AM »

Orgasm isn't essential though  ;) ……. do talk to your GP or Practice Nurse about vaginal atrophy and treatment available.  Don't be fobbed off with having repeated urine tests done, because VA can mimic urine infection symptoms!

Let us know how you get on.

When DH approaches me I lay back and ………. usually my 'parts' begin to respond eventually!

Limpy

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 11:47:21 AM »

I will see my Gp for a prescription of Vagifem or similar asap.  I hope the Gp that I see is understanding!

Jasmine when you see the GP, just say what you said earlier in the thread -
".........ended up with the most excruciating splits around my vagina despite using lubrication - it was agony"

That's a definite physical problem, I can't imagine any GP saying it doesn't need treatment.
Don't fret, it can be helped. When it is the libido may well return, well it did for me when sex didn't cause pain.

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 01:26:07 PM »

"Orgasm isn't essential though" - it is for me CLKD - I do like an end result which is why I've never been any good at window shopping  ;D

Taz x