Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: teeth and gums  (Read 11330 times)

babyjane

Re: teeth and gums
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2014, 10:17:35 AM »

I was talking to my husband about this and we are keen to change our toothpaste now.  Short of studying the ingredients panel on every brand we are wondering how to find a SLS free one.

Thank you sparky, we will look into Macleans x

Just looked it up sparkle!

By Appointment to H.R.H. The Prince of Wales Suppliers of Toothpaste GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Brentford Middlesex.

Macleans is a registered trade mark of the GlaxoSmithKline group of companies.

Ingredients

Aqua, Hydrated Silica, Sorbitol, Glycerin, PEG-6, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Aroma, Titanium Dioxide, Xanthan Gum, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Sodium Fluoride, Sodium Saccharin, Limonene, Contains Sodium Fluoride 0.306% w/w (1400 ppm Fluoride

I wonder if HRH is aware......... ::)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 10:25:29 AM by babyjane »

honeybun

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2014, 01:28:38 PM »

Some of the Pearl Drops one's are SLS free as is Sensodyne Gentle Whitening.

I was at my wits end with both my kids having ulcers. The dentist was no help at all. Eventually I came across some information on the internet.....in the days of dial up  ::)
When we changed toothpaste all the problems just went.

When I told the dentist what I had discovered she had never even heard of it before. Makes you wonder what they teach them to be honest.

Honeyb
x

babyjane

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2014, 02:55:32 PM »

It doesn't take much  ;)

Our local organic shop stocks SLS free toothpaste but hubby is scared it will taste nasty  ::).

To be honest if I hadn't read this on here I would have been none the wiser and if it isn't broken there's no need to fix it really.

Sensodyne Pronamel is lovely but sooooo expensive and there are still chemicals in it  :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2014, 03:22:50 PM »

How much paste to you use each time  ;D ……… I HATE a brush in my gob, encourages the reflex gag action and I dread cleaning teeth ……..

rosebud57

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2014, 05:47:33 PM »

Sensodyne gel and daily care are SLS free.

babyjane

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2014, 10:35:06 AM »

just to say I got sensodyne extra fresh. It is SLS free and tastes fresh and minty. £4 for a 100ml tube.

Thank you for alerting me to the fact I was cleaning my teeth with household detergent!!!  :-X

Tami

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2014, 11:56:51 AM »

For you ladies who aren't using HRT...estrogen plumps the gums back up just as it plumps "other" things back up. My gums were extremely pale and brushing my teeth was an excruciating when I had extremely low levels of estrogen. I had no idea my levels were low. Had a partial and kept ovaries when I was 35. I might also add that my GP insisted I was too young for menopause, refused to check my levels, and in addition to receding gums which caused bleeding and extreme pain from exposed nerves, I had every menopause symptom on the list. I was convinced that I had a horrible disease and was dying. After two years, my GP finally checked my levels. I had NO estrogen at all. I was totally postmenopausal by this time.  >:( I finally settled on using the Vivelle Dot patch...live in the US but is basically the same as the Estradot. Gums plumped back up, stopped bleeding, and the plump served to protect the exposed nerves. I have no gum issues at all now...that was nearly 14 years ago. However, I'm having other issues that I'm considering discussing later. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by them now. I hope this might be helpful for some of you, and as my dentist says, "you should only floss the teeth you want to keep!"  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]