Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Help, Advice Wanted Anything Considered! Migraines, Heavy constant bleeding!  (Read 3325 times)

chris

It has been a long time since I last posted, But I do pop in frequently to keep up with the posts and excellent support and advice given. Can Anyone offer Me some advice regarding the following problems, including whether another type of HRT might be more suitable.
I AM 51. Have been on HRT for 2 and half years, Started on Prempak C, Then Elleste duet and finally Femosten Originally 2/10 then after 6 months 1/10. The reasons for stopping the first two was because of severe side effects during the Progesterone part of the HRT. Things have gone well with the Femosten so much so that I decided I felt good enough late last Year to wean Myself off HRT altogether. I did it really slowly, Halving, then alternate days etc and had no ill effects so stopped completely in Febuary 2014. All seemed ok then All the symptoms came back with a vengeance! I restarted the Femosten 1/10 in April But have had problems ever since. It took over 2 months to stop the flushes this time and My periods have become extremely erratic and the past 8 weeks have been non stop bleeding Not ultra heavy but non stop, Excruciating cramps and clots. Last week Doc prescribed Norethisterone 5 mg 3 times a day for 2 weeks. The bleeding did stop after the 2nd day, But I developed a Migraine on Day 6 and after 3 days I stopped the Norethisterone as I felt so sick and ill. The bleeding stared again within a day! I have always suffered with Migraines related to My periods But I can not cope with them and Non stop bleeding and pain at the same time!! I am seeing Doc again tomorrow and would like to be armed with some ideas as to How to proceed without having to take the Norethisterone again. Has Anyone any ideas what May Help! I am a full time carer for My Hubby with Mental Health Problems and I can not function feeling so tired and in pain all the time. Thank You Everyone.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 01:00:16 PM by Emma »

Dancinggirl

Hi chris
The Mirena may a good option for you.  It is often given when excessive bleeding is an issue.  The Mirena is designed to give progesterone more locally where it is needed and less is absorbed systemically so, in theory, you should get fewer side effects.
Alongside the Mirena, you can then use oestrogen in either gel or patch form, which is a better way to use oestrogen as less is needed to give symptom relief.
I have used Oestrogel for most of my peri and post meno and found it good because you can adjust your dosage until you find the right amount you need to give symptoms relief.
Many women love the patches as well.
Do look under 'HRT preparations' for more info about this.   DG x