Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: HRT  (Read 3004 times)

SJPen

HRT
« on: October 31, 2014, 10:25:37 AM »

Hi, it's taken me a while to get the courage up to post something, bitten the bullet today as I would love some help from the kind people on here. I'm 51 Was diagnosed with ME about 3 years ago. I started taking Femoston 2/10 tablets last year as had been suffering with bad hot flushes for a few months it was wonderful hot flushes stopped. But the beginning of this year I started bleeding between periods and was taken off HRT altogether.  The hot flushes came back. I had one period in May and none since that.  Have been asking for help from GP with flushes etc eventually she prescribed Clonidine. I have tried these for a couple of months but they do not seem to be helping with the flushes. Went back to GP last week and she has now prescribed Evorel Sequi 50 patches. I'm in a dilemma whether to take them or not as she said my periods will return. These have always been heavy and painful (even on HRT)  It was great not to go through that every month. The ME causes a lot of pain, some down days and dreadful fatigue, which I think has possibly been made worse by the menopause. I don't know whether I am still peri menopausal or what I am. I have read that some ladies have cut the patches in half is that something I should try?  If I started on the patches and my periods start again, how would I know when they would stop naturally?  So sorry for all the questions once I started couldn't stop :). I've a feeling I'm posting this in the wrong place - sorry not good with this kind of thing.  Please help

SJPen

Re: HRT
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 01:45:39 PM »

Hi stellajane,
Thank you so much for responding to my post. I'm afraid I've tried the coil (should've said in my post.) I bled for six continual weeks - kept thinking it would settle down. Eventually went back to Drs and was told that my body was rejecting the coil and it was nearly out of its own accord. I might ask about  trying it again though it sounds ideal if it works.

SJPen

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 02:55:54 PM »

Thanks Stellajane, I think I might give it a go, just see what happens. Have you heard of anyone cutting the patch in half, to start with?

SJPen

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 04:01:56 PM »

Yes, I think I'd better go with what's been prescribed. Thanks for your advice. By the way did I post my original in the right place?

SJPen

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 07:40:00 PM »

Ok, will do  :)

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 05:06:04 PM »

Hi SJPen

Just wanted to say  :welcomemm: and I hope the patches work for you. The progestogen in Evorel is quite a strong one so hopefully your bleed won't be quite so heavy, and also the oestrogen is probably a lower dose than the Femoston so your womb lining should not build up quite so much on this one.

Hurdity  x

SJPen

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 08:56:26 PM »

Hi Hurdity, thank you for the welcome & the information, it's a scarey thing this menopause business. I'm so glad I posted.  I don't feel quite so on my own as I did  :)