Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is this it?  (Read 8811 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Is this it?
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 11:40:06 AM »

Is there an alteration in your periods?  less, more often, heavier, lighter, gaps between ….
Mood alterations?
Worrying more …….. I was lucky.  My periods got further and further apart then stopped.  I was already on medication for depression and betablockas for anxiety so wasn't particularly bothered by either in peri-menopause.  I had hot flushes for a while, across the back of my shoulders itched and I still get all over itching which is annoying as I can no-longer reach  ::)
Frozen shoulder and hiatus hernia are 'common' for ladies of a 'certain' age ……..

peegeetip

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2014, 11:45:12 AM »

Hi Helen

Glad you found us :)

There is no reason a pregnancy induced dvt on your mum years ago would be any reason why you couldn't go on HRT or the Pill.
Your mum (and her doc) were just plain wrong on all fronts there.
If you've been on the pill since then, again she's very much wrong :)
DVT can happen to anyone at anytime. Someone on a plane, post op or baby or even sitting too long at a desk.
I'd leave that out of the discussions with doc unless you've had any dvt yourself.
Your doc may not have enough info on the blood test to even comment on clotting parts of your blood.

Even if you had a clotting issue - then as long as that's treated with a blood thinning drug then you can still use HRT.

They do like to have excuses not to prescribe :P
I'd say that's not an issue otherwise doc would not be looking at the pill as a first line of treatment.

But it really depends on what pill doc is talking about though.

The HRT is trying to give you back your balance of hormones.
The HRT will give you both estrogen and progestogens.
The main benefit on HRT is that you get estrogen regularly through the whole month.

Contraceptive Pill's are there only to block the pregnancy.
Some pill's will only contain progestogens.
Therefore the pill may not relieve your symptoms like hot flushes / sweats etc.
The dosage of the pill's differ to HRT so may not help prevent other problems.
If the pill is a combined monophasic type then you'll get same dose of the two hormones in each tablet.
If doc puts you on another type of combined pill option then you'd be getting variations of hormones through the 21 days!
Also, the main thing to note on the Combined Contraceptive Pill option "it only covers part of the month"
On that pill you'll have the last 7 days with no Estrogen or Prog part and this may see a return of symptoms in that time.

With HRT you just take the tablets for 28 days then start another pack, so much easier to work with :)

If your not worried about pregnancy then your not too young to start HRT either. If you want that.
Take a look at the following link for more info on peri options.
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/perimeno.php

Hope that helps
 :-*

Dandelion

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2014, 11:56:24 AM »

because I don't know much about menopause, I don't really know symptoms sorry sounds nieve (sp) I don't even know if I get night sweats, I get warm at night weather its that or not im not entirely sure, x
Feeling very warm in bed is common in peri. Summer lasts all year for us women in perimenopause.
I never knew diddly squat about peri, and i was five years into it before i even realised what was happening.
I put the sweats down to medication i was on at the time, but even after getting off that medication i still had them.
Have you had a read of the information on the left of the screen, it's really helpful.
Anything you want to know, just come and ask :)

helen9813

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2014, 05:48:59 PM »

Thanks you so much for your replies, im finding some of your information so helpful, ive seen that its so much about hormones, and hopefully will make me more educated on this.
Pregnancy is not an issue as I had my tubes tied when I was 30, and my periods seem to be becoming more frequent.
 I am a very emotional person, well I have been the last 5 years, but I have put that down to a big change in my life, but reading things on here it might be all signs I feel better now the dr said to me that he wasn't concerned about what I was tellinghim x

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2014, 06:45:53 PM »

Let us know how you get on!

Dandelion

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2014, 07:09:08 PM »

If princess Diana was alive now, she would be possibly going through menopause, and I am sure she would have stayed beautiful and radiant throughout.  :)

helen9813

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2014, 07:01:59 PM »

Im sorry if this is tmi, but ive started to get sweaty in places where I have never sweated before, on the inside of the tops of my legs my lady bits is this normal x

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2014, 07:09:53 PM »

Probably

helen9813

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2014, 07:50:27 PM »

really, thank you, its horrible,been worried about it, is there anything I can do to stop it

babyjane

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2014, 08:17:55 PM »

helen, that was my very first night sweat but I didn't know it at the time.  We were on holiday and I woke up and thought I'd wet the bed but knew I hadn't because the bed was dry, just my pyjama bottoms were soaked between my legs.  I never did work out what had happened but it happened again and once hot flushes kicked in the penny dropped

helen9813

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2014, 09:00:33 PM »

Thank you so much, I though It was something wrong, god I sound daft

babyjane

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2014, 09:44:51 AM »

it's a daft time of life and a quick question on here soon puts your mind at rest  :)
Pages: 1 [2]