Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Spotty chin  (Read 10125 times)

Claireylou

Spotty chin
« on: October 23, 2014, 06:37:00 AM »

Good morning everyone.  I'm in peri and I've got awful spots on my chin. Just like the ones I used to get as a teenager before a period, but these are on my chin all the time ! I've tried using facial washes but find that they dry my skin out and make other areas even drier  :(

Can anyone relate to this and maybe recommend anything to clear them up ? They are not only unsightly but blooming painful  :'(

Many thanks for reading xxx

dahliagirl

Re: Spotty chin
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 12:45:47 PM »

There is not a great deal you can do to actually stop them coming as it is a hormonal thing.  It is a combination of the amount of oil produced and the lining of the pores.  If you are using HRT, then look at the progesterone in the hrt section on the left and see if you are using an androgen-based one - changing this can help.

These days,  it is recommended to use gentle facewash, gentle moisturiser (preferably 'non-comedogenic') regularly and an exfoliant on your chin occasionally.  Don't use any harsh spot stuff or rub your skin hard, and put a bit of antiseptic on the nasty ones.

Claireylou

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 03:21:57 PM »

Thank you for replying Dahliagirl, some great advice there. I shall have to pop into boots to look for something suitable.

Thank you xx

dahliagirl

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 03:49:28 PM »

At the moment, I am using Simple Moisturising face wash and Boots no7 daycream, with Berts Bees scrub (for the willow bark bit - I just massage it in gently). 

I used whole range of the no7 serums anti-wrinkle stuff when I was on the pill, when I seemed to be sliding gracefully into menopause and suddenly needed moisturiser,  but since I was taken off the pill and plunged into mid-menopause, it is all too oily for me - back to spots  >:(

Claireylou

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 04:18:03 PM »

I know what you mean. I've lost all confidence in my appearance. I've heard good things about the Berts Bees range. May be worth while investing in.

Thank you again xx

babyjane

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 04:44:18 PM »

It is hormonal and confidence draining, I sympathise. I cannot suggest anything that helped mine, I just had to ride it out.  If it is any consolation I am now post meno and have a lovely clear chin.

Claireylou

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 05:01:24 PM »

Thank you Babyjane,

It really is comforting to know that there could be a light at the end of this very long tunnel  :)

xx

babyjane

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 06:01:31 PM »

there is Claireylou, I am fortunate in that I only had 5 difficult years, it is a lot more manageable for me nowadays although I still have the occasional meltdown or sweaty, sleepless night.

Claireylou

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 06:12:09 PM »

I'm 43 and my mum had completely gone through menopause by age 46. Same with my aunt and grandmother so I'm hoping I haven't got too long left xx

Claireylou

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 08:22:30 PM »

Hi Sparkle and thank you.

I've got the red marks too along with some markings like I got when pregnant.

It's good to know I'm not alone though. It does help so thank you for sharing xx

babyjane

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 08:44:04 PM »

goodness gracious me sparkle, something you have that I don't have.  Well I never  ;)

Claireylou

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 08:48:01 PM »

Yes it does!  I think it's called the mask of pregnancy?? Mine is more noticeable during summer months so I'm very careful with sunscreen and hats etc.

Hormones have a lot to answer for xx

Claireylou

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2014, 08:51:37 AM »

Hi Stellajane,

My maternal grandmother went through at 46. No HRT back then but she ended up with severe brittle bones. She didn't suffer with anxiety or depression. Passed away aged 89 bless her.

My mum went through at the same age and, again, no HRT but doctor did put her on long term calcium tablets to help prevent the brittle bones. Mum also has regular bone scans. She is 74 and as strong as a ox physically but sadly seems to be in a very gentle decline mentally. Usual stuff like forgetting things, a bit of memory fog and easily confused. Mum has never shown any signs of depression or anxiety.

Claire xx

Claireylou

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2014, 09:18:33 AM »

I think so yes. I get the awful awful anxiety and depression, mood swings etc. I'm also really concerned about brittle bones as I think a lot of research has been done that wasn't available when my mum and nan were going through it. There is a definite link between brittle bones and lack of hormones. I lead an active,rural life and need to stay as healthy as possible. I'm going to wait until my periods get a bit more erratic though before I take the plunge  :)

Claireylou

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2014, 09:50:05 AM »

I've only learnt about things like this since being a member here. This site is an absolute godsend
Pages: [1] 2