Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Does anybody worry what affect anxiety is having on their health  (Read 6125 times)

karenja

Re: Does anybody worry what affect anxiety is having on their health
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2014, 06:44:15 PM »

Hi Hb no I haven't but I will take a look will try anything x

karenja

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2014, 07:36:53 PM »

http://www.highanxieties.org/ I actually read today that anxiety can lead to gastro problems, heart problems and even death, its stressed me out no end I suppose it extreme anxiety though x

tiger74

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2014, 09:23:29 PM »

Really not sure how paramedics could help. Unless it's different in England but up here they are for emergencies only. Not even sure how you would get in touch with them as they are the ones who turn up when you dial 999.
I think you would have to look for another help line that had someone you could chat to.

Totally agree with you honeybun.

karenja - have you managed to find out anything about voluntary work?  If you're interested in volunteering with animals there are various possibilities, animal shelters, wildlife sanctuaries, Cats Protection League, Dogs Trust, Cinnamon Trust... etc.

I actually read today that anxiety can lead to gastro problems, heart problems and even death,
Where did you read this?  It may or may not be true, I suppose.

I wish you all the best.  I hope you find strategies to deal with your anxiety

thorntrees

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2014, 07:06:30 AM »

I work one afternoon in our local Hospice shop and I do find that however bad I feel when I go once I'm there and busy my anxiety fades away. Interacting with people, making decision's and doing something worthwhile makes me feel like my old confident self again. Would recommend voluntary work to anyone

Thotnttees

karenja

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2014, 06:23:49 PM »

your right ladies I know, well Ive booked myself in for a three hour yoga workshop for beginners first Sat in Nov, and made an appointment to see my gp Friday as its coming up to three months on everol patches and want to see if its best I stay on them for now etc, keeping busy definitely helps, I feel worst at home alone than in work though Im on the progesterone and estrogen patches this week and had chest pain today which alarms me but I try to pass it off as being down to hormones/patches, as for cinnamon trust work I only wish Id done this in the light evenings as walking around in the dark doesn't appeal but maybe I could help on weekends x

Dandelion

Chest pain
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2014, 12:12:37 AM »

Hi Karenja

Peri menopause has made me anxious, and a few weeks ago, I was extra anxious about a issue. During this time, I also had chest pain which was so uncomfortable it felt like my chest was being squeezed between two big heavy metal blocks.
Of course when the anxiety passed, my chest pain went away.

I knew at the time that my chest pain was due to anxiety and not a heart problem but I had been anxious because I was convinced I owed thousans in council tax when really peri menopause was causing me to believe I genuinely did owe thousands when really I owed about thirty quid.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 12:16:42 AM by Dandelion »
Pages: 1 [2]