Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel and sleep  (Read 3160 times)

Badga

Oestrogel and sleep
« on: September 29, 2014, 06:15:52 AM »

Hi guys!

Been on Oestrogel and Mirena fir about six months now and have to that after the initial swollen boobs, which settled down, this combo works for me.  However, I still have some sleep problems.  I still wake up in the early hours having a 'hottie' when I need to throw the covers off.

I am applying my prescribed dose of the gel, two pumps, first thing in the morning to my inner thigh area.  I don't really want to up the dose, as I have no breakthrough bleeding whatsoever, but was wondering about how the gel works in terms of estrogen levels, and whether spreading the dose, one pump in a morning and one before bedtime, might better ensure I have enough circulating estrogen to sleep?  I apply it the inner thigh, so it won't rub off on the bedclothes and I sleep along so n problems with it rubbing off on a bed partner either.

Badga s

Dancinggirl

Re: Oestrogel and sleep
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 08:41:07 AM »

I used this regime for many years - I think it works for many women quite well. I'd try either applying it before you go to sleep or perhaps one pump in the morning and one at night to see if you get a more consistent balance. DG x