Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Anxiety Will it ever stop 😞  (Read 38589 times)

libby1

Re: Anxiety Will it ever stop 😞
« Reply #120 on: October 12, 2014, 11:25:39 AM »

Thanks for that link Taz, I've just printed it off  ;)

Libby
x

Taz2

« Reply #121 on: October 12, 2014, 11:54:18 AM »

Hope it helps! 

Taz x

karenja

« Reply #122 on: October 12, 2014, 12:18:51 PM »

thanks Taz I will have a look at that website x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #123 on: October 18, 2014, 01:28:52 PM »

Bu…r it  :-\

My anxiety began again on Wed..  Sudden dash to the loo after breakfast left my stomach feeling weak as though it hasn't any muscle power.  Then my thighs went shaky but pressed on into town.  Only to feel as though I needed the loo and I needed it now and in a strange place ……..

Of course every time I walked away from the public loos my bowel began to grumble  >:(

Does anyone else find that when full of anxiety they can only use certain utensils? I can only drink out of certain mugs and there is 1 glass which I use all the while, when anxious/nauseous I can't consider drinking out of any others  :-\ and the cutlery has to be certain pieces as does the crockery otherwise I can soon 'go off' the drink/grub which rather defeats the object ………. bu..er it  :'(

honeybun

« Reply #124 on: October 18, 2014, 02:43:35 PM »

It's horrible needing the loo and not knowing if you are going to make it on time. I think you were very brave going out at all.

I'm fine with all the stuff in the house. The only time I'm very careful is when someone is unwell. Then it goes in the dishwasher immediately. Otherwise we sometimes kind of share  ::)
Hope you settle soon CLKD

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #125 on: October 18, 2014, 02:46:06 PM »

:thankyou:

karenja

« Reply #126 on: October 18, 2014, 08:50:32 PM »

Sorry to hear your anxiety has been bad clkd I'm happy to say I've had a few really good days but was on estrogen only patches back on conti today do had a few funny little symptoms I'm coming up to end of my three months on patches now so may make sppointment with gp decide whether to stick with them - anxiety is awful it really gets u down and stops you doing so much :( x

babyjane

« Reply #127 on: October 19, 2014, 09:27:23 AM »

I sympathise with you both, and anyone else suffering with this. I am going through a patch of it just now and although I know it will pass it seems to take over and get in the way of everything as well as making you feel quite unwell.

Yes, I need certain cups and plates and cutlery for certain times of the day and occasions. I think it is for a feeling of security when you do not feel secure.

Taz2

« Reply #128 on: October 19, 2014, 09:44:44 AM »

This is an interesting post re using certain cutlery etc. http://ask.metafilter.com/172769/I-swear-the-cheescake-tastes-better-with-this-fork

It's well known that OCD can be controlled but raises it's head once anxiety gets a grip so maybe this is what's happening to you at certain times CLKD?

Taz x  :hug:

CLKD

« Reply #129 on: October 19, 2014, 01:37:44 PM »

I am obsessional but the issue of using the 'right' stuff is when my anxiety is bad.  Can't really explain it  :-\

It certainly makes me feel ill, the physicality of it shocks me each time!

babyjane

« Reply #130 on: October 19, 2014, 01:46:43 PM »

I was only thinking this morning, after reading some of your posts CLKD. that this anxiety problem is very much a physical one, well it is for me. I was trying to explain to my daughter last night that it is not a mental problem with me. It feels as though a switch goes on and then goes off again and I am rational and lucid but have no control over what I am getting worked up about.

CLKD

« Reply #131 on: October 19, 2014, 04:28:52 PM »

Mine begins in the area of gut below the belly button.  Within seconds the nausea begins. Then I get lightheaded and my thighs become weak.  Then my brain starts saying 'you must eat, you must eat' ….. but I know that I won't be able to.  I carry Dextrose tablets with me ……. which helps keep some energy.  But facing food ……. I try to eat before my body becomes hungry.  A Psychologist once told me that I had to think negative thoughts before anxiety hit …… NOPE  :bang: :bang: :bang: …. it's probably due to hunger …… when I am not anxious I could take on the World!

Dandelion

« Reply #132 on: October 22, 2014, 11:53:03 PM »

Hi ladies :)

Thank you all so much.
I say this because reading this thread has been the most helpful reassuring thing I have done in a long time.
Although I have posted on it once or twice, this is the first time I have actually read it through  and boy does it mirror my own thoughts and experiences, as other women have already said about their own experiences.

When I am feeling hormone related anxiety about any issue you like, I am convinced my fear is real and I can even produce 'evidence' that it is real.

I get fixated one a flavour-of-the month worry, and each different worry is always 'not like all the other fake worries' that is, until I once again discover that I am fretting over something that isn't worth worrying about.

My heart goes out to all you girls afflicted with this menopause related anxiety. Now that I have read this thread through, be t time I am convinced something is a genuine threat I will remember this thread and all my sisters on here going through the same thing, and I will postpone whatever it is I am getting all worked up about until after I have passed through the menopause, if I can manage to stop worrying enough to remember it's just lack of hormones.

CLKD

« Reply #133 on: October 23, 2014, 11:23:06 AM »

I have upped my BBs since last weeks awful episodes.  A good night's sleep will help hopefully.  But I had to cancel selling stuff at a car boot as I couldn't cope with the anxiety surges.

Dandelion

« Reply #134 on: October 23, 2014, 11:42:40 AM »

I have upped my BBs since last weeks awful episodes.  A good night's sleep will help hopefully.  But I had to cancel selling stuff at a car boot as I couldn't cope with the anxiety surges.

Hope they are helping CKLD
Hope your anxiety abates and you can get your stuff sold when less anxious.

I totally lost it today. I just feel really overwhelmed and have got a few things on my mind at the moment. I've never been able to cope with stress very well and my self esteem is really low because of this. Of course peri doesn't help.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11