Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Smoking  (Read 4791 times)

Mags 7101

Smoking
« on: September 19, 2014, 04:11:22 PM »

Hi need help been perimeno for 4 years but only been on HRT elleste duet 1mg for 1 year over the last few months I have still had hot flushes and problems sleeping
 But my GP won't increase my HRT because I smoke I am 47 years old and have been smoking for 32 years

Does anyone else smoke who has had their HRT increased and have you had any problems because you smoke

Please don't ask me to quite as I do not want to

Thank you for your help

bramble

Re: Smoking
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 04:28:11 PM »

I smoked and I was on medium dose HRT so no problems there. My friend smokes and so is she.

Bramble

bramble

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 04:29:30 PM »

My doctor's thinking at the time was I was having a hard enough job with the menopause without him asking me to cut down/stop smoking!

B.

Mags 7101

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 05:17:23 PM »

Hi Bramble thank you I will go back and see my doctor

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 05:37:59 PM »

I think it was mentioned on here that smoking reduced the effect of HRT.  Perhaps someone can confirm or dismiss this but maybe do some research on the net. By cutting down on smoking you may find the HRT works better.  Dg x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 07:54:19 PM »

We have a thread on here somewhere  ::)

Why don't you want to quit?

Browse round …..

Mags 7101

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 08:39:03 PM »

Hi ladies thank you you won't believe this but I come from a family who live longer and 2 generations of my family smoked my grandfather smoked all his life and died at the age of 85 my father was the same he died aged 78 and I enjoy smoking as I said I have been smoking for 32 years and I do  want to quit I think doctors will use anything to try and get people to stop thank you again for all your help and advice

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 12:41:31 PM »

It depends too on what people smoke.  How often.  How well they exercise ......... my Grandparents ate the 'wrong' sorts of food when growing up, one Gran died of a rare brain haemmorage aged 84 the other of bile duct cancer aged 82 ...........

Millykin

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 07:49:49 PM »

Have any smokers on here tried and successfully quit by cutting down over a period? Looking for tips, tried patches-swelling of area where i put it. Inhaler/electric cigs- choke me (stupid I know being a smoker) mints/gum ulcers in mouth will power- don't have it!
Husband stopped 6 moths ago with electric cig well done him.
Any tips appreciated

clio

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2014, 04:45:35 AM »

I gave up on 15th june 2006, I used lozenges ehich took a short while to get use to.

Clio

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2014, 11:54:53 AM »

When do you enjoy a ciggie ……… ?  i.e. after a meal, if so you need to alter what you do immediately after eating to break the habit of taking the fag out of the packet, finding the lighter and smoking it  ;) and don't beat yourself up if you lapse!

Millykin

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2014, 02:25:28 PM »

For me the bad time is first thing in morning I'm up and out that door for one like a shot! After meals and throughout the day I don't bother much, I can deal with that, so maybe i should make a start on trying to leave half hour to begin with in mornings and work my way from there.

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2014, 03:20:45 PM »

What ever suits you!  Do you eat breakfast?

Millykin

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2014, 03:48:17 PM »

Faithfully big porridge lover followed by banana and Orange juice. Tomorrow will have breakfast first jump in shower and take it from there.

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2014, 07:14:08 PM »

Let us know how yo get on!
Pages: [1] 2