Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: estrogel help x  (Read 6601 times)

donnacrichton

estrogel help x
« on: September 16, 2014, 03:42:57 PM »

Hi looking for some advice. I have been on 2 pumps of estrogel at night for two weeks. I have had improvement but was still not great. Consultant said wait two weeks then up it to 3 pumps. I've done that and am feeling edgy no settled. My bleeding stopped un 3 days which was fab. The consultant doesn't think I've been absorbing estrogen DG you were spot on . I'm now not sure about 3 pumps. I've done it all at night fir 3 days and tingling and adjutated. I know tingling is the hormones settling but have I upped it too soon? Advice would be great from those who have used it.

Joyce

Re: estrogel help x
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 04:28:03 PM »

I used to use oestrogel, but was changed to patches as I eventually wasn't getting enough absorption from the gel. It takes a while to settle, so 3 nights is maybe not enough time.

donnacrichton

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 07:15:19 PM »

Been in the patches allergic to femseven which made me feel great  estradot was great but stopped working after a couple of months. No improvement with tablet form. Just not sure if upped too quickly x

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 07:45:10 PM »

If you still feel the same after a while, try reducing back to 2 pumps. When I was first put on patches, I was given equivalent of 3 pumps. I was all jittery but stuck it out for a few months, yes it stopped the sweats & flushes, but I just didn't feel right so had to reduce it.

Linsey44

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 08:30:53 PM »

Hi donna i transferred to oestrogel a week ago.  I use 1 pump twice a day and take 100mg utrogestan at night.

It hasnt stopped all flushes but its still early days, i kind of think that hrt is never going to solve all our niggles but it makes them more bearable.

Keep going with it, i assume since consultant said you hadnt been absorbing oestrogen that your body will take time to build its reserves back up.

donnacrichton

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 07:18:39 PM »

Thanks for the reply I have started one pump at night then one in the morning to spread out to a level dose throughout the day. Going to wait another few weeks before deciding an extra pump x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 08:49:10 PM »

Hi donnarichten
Pleased to hear you are using the oestrogel -  I always found it good and if I go back on HRT I would use it again. 2 pumps a day is a good amount to use and I expect as the oestrogen levels rise in your body you will feel the benefits.  I do think we shouldn't expect all our meno symptoms to disappear with HRT  - for me it was always about reducing symptoms to a more comfortable level. We are all different and the benefits will vary.
Good luck  Dg x

donnacrichton

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 09:55:39 PM »

Thanks you have been really helpful so when consultant says estrogel I'm shouting yes please lol. I can now see where things were going wrong. Every time symptoms returned increased dose when looking back should have been decreasing. Lots if luck getting the sleeping sorted it can be so debilitating x

donnacrichton

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 09:35:42 PM »

Hi just out of curiosity has anyone used half a pump for part of their dose. Still feels too high but don't know if you can pump half a dose x

Suzyq

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2014, 01:23:49 AM »

I did - I just pumped a whole dose then discarded half - a bit tricky to measure exactly but seemed to work

donnacrichton

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2014, 09:06:24 AM »

Thank you x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2014, 09:39:14 AM »

I used to be able to squirt a smaller amount - I know it wasn't exact but as Suzyq says you can discard anything you think is too much.  Dg x

donnacrichton

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2014, 09:25:35 PM »

Going to give it a wee while to see if it eases but if still edgy will reduce a bit more x

donnacrichton

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2014, 06:06:41 PM »

Things have improved on 2 doses. Still a bit jittery and shaky but much better feels like slightly adjitated now. My question is do I try reducing slightly to see if that goes or leave it a bit longer? Advice from users appreciated x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2014, 06:20:30 PM »

I'd stick with 2 pumps a day and see how it goes.  Stop fiddling with your doses - you will never find out what works if you don't. Stay strong donnarichton - it sounds as though you are doing well.   DG xxxx
Pages: [1] 2