Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: How do you know when to increase dose  (Read 2210 times)

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
How do you know when to increase dose
« on: September 15, 2014, 09:05:20 PM »

Hello - i am just finishing my first 6 months on HRT - Fermostan 1/10 and need some advice please. The first 3 months were great but the last 3 haven't been so good.  I'm beginning to get symptoms that made me go to the doctors in the first place, like constipation, anxiety, mood swings and brain fog. So can anyone tell me what determines if you go up a dose? I feel particularly rough after my period and it just seems to take ages to get over they are such an ordeal. Also can anyone give advice on Transcemic Acid that I have also been prescribed. The last time I went to the doctors and mentioned that my periods were heavy and painful, he prescribed the TA.  Don't want to take anything that I don't need but i am really suffering for the 10 days post period with almost depression symptoms. Thanks

Hurdity

Re: How do you know when to increase dose
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 06:22:00 PM »

Hi Mis71Mum

Sorry to hear you are feeling rough again. How old are you and whereabouts in meno are you eg re periods etc, before you started taking HRT?

Maybe your own oestrogen levels have dropped?

Sorry I can't advise re the periods, but it does sound like you may need a higher dose eg 2/10?

Hurdity x

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
Re: How do you know when to increase dose
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 08:49:26 PM »

Thanks for the reply Hurdity - think i've just had a lightbulb moment. Since 2010, my periods stopped in the autumn/winter!  They usually stopped Sept/October and restart about Feb/April.  Never had any other symptoms until 12 months ago. So just realised that this will be my first Autumn/Winter on the HRT so wonder what effect it will have. Am due back to.the GP on Thursday, so think i'll ask for an increase is dosage and give it a whirl. Thanks again