Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: replens...  (Read 17275 times)

hellen

replens...
« on: August 23, 2014, 09:57:35 PM »

i wonder why doctors are now recomending moisturisers, namely replens inbetween using vagifem, ............... is there really a moisturiser that will do the job of an hrt, what is the best moisturser anyone has ever used....  i have the feeling that they have all been told to reduce the amount of vagifem prescirbed lol..

Taz2

Re: replens...
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 10:05:28 PM »

The doctors haven't had a say in the amount of vagifem prescribed. Guidelines have been set by the  manufacturer. They were told they had to use the lowest amount of oestrogen possible by the FDA in America so they did and then other countries are gradually following suit. You can still get the full dose in Australia though!

Taz x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 07:45:45 AM »

I still use vaginal moisturiser as well as my Estring (which give continuous oestrogen) - I use Multi Gyn Actigel because it helps to keep everything nicely acidic and prevents itchiness etc. I just use a small amount on my finger tip that I smear up inside a bit and all around the outer part of vagina - soothing.  DG x

tiger74

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 07:01:31 PM »

I've been prescribed Yes Yes Yes vaginal moisturiser.  Worth a try, I think I prefer it to Replens.

hellen

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 09:29:43 PM »

wow you got yes yes yes on prescription.. i have bought this and the oil based one..  not cheap , didnt seem to work so well this time though.

ellie66

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 09:41:36 PM »

I wasted a load of money on Sylk and Yes, Yes, Yes they are useless, Gynest cream and Ovestin are the best for me :)

Morwenna

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 10:29:48 AM »

I've just ordered some Multi-Gyn Actigel to use in between Gynest cream application as that's only supposed to be used twice a week and I don't feel it's as effective as the discontinued Ortho-Gynest pessaries...   :-\  I've never tried it before but it has good reviews on Amaz0n so worth a shot I reckon?

ellie66

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 10:40:15 AM »

Twice a week just not enough for Gynest cream  :( It rubs off on your knickers. I use every other day and its fabulous no burning, dryness or itchy bladder. Not sure non-hormonal treatments would help with my bladder issue.

Morwenna

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 10:54:41 AM »

I have Gynest cream on repeat prescription and just recently managed to get away with ordering double the usual amount - however when I picked it up there was a note attached which asked me to make a routine appointment with my GP to 'review' my repeat prescription so I don't imagine I'm going to get away with it again!  ::)

tiger74

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 11:07:32 AM »

For about 5 years I have always obtained Replens and Sylk and (more recently) the water-based version of Yes on NHS prescription in England. 

The relevant codes your GP requires for Yes water-based lubricant are as follows:
6 x 5ml pre-filled applicators PIP code: 345-5805 and 75ml tube PIP code: 345-5789.

If, like me, you're not able to use hormone-based products, or for some women perhaps need non-hormonal lubrication in addition to other products, I don't see why a GP wouldn't prescribe it.  Please ask, ladies. 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 09:03:31 PM by tiger74 »

hellen

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 11:58:28 AM »

thank you for the info i will ask next time i run out ........
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Js

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2014, 07:50:36 PM »

Hi I have been using vagifem 10 m for 2 weeks now so should be doing it now twice a week but I have been having headaches  for the last 3 to 4 days and as this is a side effect of it I have decided to stop it I have just stopped hrt because of headaches so now I'm looking at non hormonal moisturisers I did use replens but the doctor didn't seem to think it worked as well but I think it's the hormonal estrogen that might not be agreeing with me even though it's a low dosage  can other ladies recommend a non hormonal moisturiser that works

Js

tiger74

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2014, 08:50:39 PM »

I use the water-based version of Yes, one 5ml pre-filled applicator on alternate days, then Sylk during intercourse.  Can't compare as haven't used hormonal-based products but, generally, this combination works for me.

hellen

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2014, 08:56:58 PM »

Hi, cant say i have found a moisturizer to settle on that  works, but i did notice that boots own brand moisturizer seem to have the exact same ingredients as Hyalofemme. users reviews on  moisturizers would be interesting.. and might help others save money, or help them make a decision. 

tiger74

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2014, 09:18:00 PM »

Without wanting to sound like a stuck record... get it on prescription and the maximum cost is prescription cost (or free if you qualify for free prescriptions).

As regards user reviews, Yes and Sylk seem to work for me but ask your GP to prescribe different products, try them out and see what works for you.

This is a tricky subject but hopefully with some experimenting with combinations of different products, hormonal and/or non-hormonal as applicable, you will find a solution.

Best wishes everyone. 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 09:35:56 PM by tiger74 »
Pages: [1] 2