News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Sweats  (Read 3371 times)

mandy43

Sweats
« on: August 20, 2014, 12:05:27 PM »

Hi Ladies

I'm going through such a bad time again.  Since my periods have stopped again (not seen them for 2 months)  the sweats have come back with a vengeance!  I am dripping in sweat from morning to night practically and in the night I go between sweating hot and shivering cold.  To top it off I have some sort of sinus problem with the the foulest taste dripping down the back of my throat.  I feel awful and just want my periods to start because then it all disappears.  I am currently taking allsorts of vitamin supplements but nothing else.  By the way I'm 44 and feel a hundred.  The pain in my shoulder blades is crippling as well as my feet... just feel like giving up at the moment.

rosebud57

Re: Sweats
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 12:46:50 PM »

Best to see your GP.  Sweats might be due to chronic sinus infection.  The menopause can really confuse this as regard to whether it's hormones or illness.  I bought a thermometer to help me tell the difference. A hormone sweat shouldn't last too long or affect you core body temperature to any great degree. 

mandy43

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 05:18:04 PM »

I took your advice ladies and bought a thermometer, but I don't have a temp, so this must be purely hormone related.  It really does feel like a low grade virus though, it's sooo strange.  I just hope I get a period soon so it all goes away for a while... I live in hope!!  Thanks for the advice xx

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 05:25:38 PM »

I agree with Stellajane that if your oestrogen is low at your age you really do need to consider HRT. The oestrogen is needed up to the normal meno age of around 51 to protect your heart and bones.

Taz x

Machair

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 07:09:54 PM »

I went for 11 months with no periods and had really bad night sweats. Then in May they stopped and I had a period. I then had one in July and one again now. Still no sweats.  There is a pattern- no sweats and periods or sweats and no periods- for me anyway.x

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 11:35:04 AM »

That's about right Machair. It's because when you haven't got enough hormones circulating to give you periods the body goes into overdrive to stimulate the ovaries to release an egg - hence the sweats. Many women have been caught out and thought the menopause was over due to the sweats stopping only to find that a period was on the way instead. Can be very misleading!

Taz x