Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Runny eyes  (Read 7964 times)

honeybun

Runny eyes
« on: August 16, 2014, 11:44:23 AM »

I know that one meno symptom is dry eyes but just to be different I have the opposite.

It's fine during the day but when I waken up in the morning if I lie on my side my eyes just run with tears. They are not sore or itchy and its both eyes. It's really annoying.

Anyone else have this and is there anything that helps.

Honeyb
x

Milamam

Re: Runny eyes
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 01:02:45 PM »

Hi HB,
Dry eye syndrome sometime manifests in excess tears, ie opposite to dryness. You should discuss with you GP. Excess tears are frequent in the morning hours as you describe. Low estrogen is one of the causes of dry eyes. Artificial tears help alleviate the symptoms, also high doses of Omega 3 s. ive had dry eye syndrome for 3 years now and I think Hrt has helped a lot!
Good luck!

minkusmum

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 02:26:10 PM »

I had exactly the same thing - I used to wake up and cry every day :'( Then my eyes became dry in the evenings, but this has got better with HRT. I use the spray that use on your eyelids. One advantage is that other people can use the same bottle with no risk of infection.

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 03:00:23 PM »

Oh thanks ladies, I did not know that.  Off to find out more.

Honeyb
x

tiger74

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 05:22:29 PM »

My tear ducts have narrowed, irreversibly, so tears do not drain away effectively.  Especially bad when outside in cold windy weather.  I agree it's very annoying.  Would recommend waterproof mascara and eyeliner in order to avoid the panda look (personally I favour Bourjois waterproof mascara and Rimmel London Exaggerate waterproof eye definer).

Limpy

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 06:30:31 PM »

I've got dry eyes, bit of a b----r when using contact lenses.  ???
Lots of tears in the morning might help  ::)

catlady

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 08:00:08 AM »

I get runny eyes, especially when I go to bed for some reason.
My optician said it's caused by dry eyes.   I've started using  hyco san extra eye drops
and  they do help.

oldsheep

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 08:28:31 AM »

what's the spray called please? I hate eye drops.

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 11:54:10 AM »

A friend of mine uses the Boots one. I think it's called Dry Eye Mist or something similar.

Taz x

minkusmum

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 07:28:09 PM »

Again re the eye spray. Optrex do one (I saw an ad for it yesterday on TV). I use one by Similasan here in Switzerland. It's called Tears Again. I think you can get Similasan products in the UK too.

Milamam

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2014, 11:54:12 AM »

Tears again is what i have used before but did nothing for me. I was most happy with Systain Balance tear drops and lots of Omega3s. I went to be checked by ophtamologist first though to confirm dryneyes.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2014, 12:20:47 PM »

Dry eye is common in some breeds of dog  ::), i.e. Westies and cockers - the condition has a long name, of course it does, glad I'm not taking shorthand ……..

My eyes get runny when I walk in the wind  >:( - I keep Kleenex in business  ::)

honeybun

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2014, 11:35:03 AM »

Spoke to the pharmacist this morning and came away with drops. I was going to it the spray but it was very expensive. The advice was try the drops for a short while and if there was no improvement then see the GP. I not good at going to the GP so drops it is.

Will see if there is any improvement.

Honeyb
x

babyjane

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2014, 05:14:17 PM »

Hi I get this, I have had it for a while now. I get Systane eye drops on prescription but they are cheaper to buy unless you get free prescriptions which I do. They coat the eye and last longer than regular drops like Optrex. they work for me but I also read about Omega 3 so started taking fish oil supplement 3 months ago and now I don't need to use the drops so often, just night and morning.

oldsheep

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2014, 01:26:42 PM »

does anyone else have a feeling that your eyes are very ****ly? I get it sometimes and associate it with low oestrogen (despite HRT I'm sure it varies widely) but it may not be.
Drops seem to relieve it.
Pages: [1] 2