Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: I'm a newbie  (Read 4094 times)

Lizmc1965

I'm a newbie
« on: August 11, 2014, 07:09:30 PM »

Hi everyone I'm really glad I've found this site :-),I've had a realy horrible time with flushes, not sleeping and night sweats :-( I suffer from a condition called lichen sclerosus which affects my skin around the vulva and my bottom,I've recently being having injections called decaceptyl to see if this stopped my skin from being itchy which it has so my doctor said that my hormones are making my skin condition worse,so I had both ovaries and Fallopian tubes removed 4 weeks ago so I'm struggling to cope with the menapause symptoms as I can't take hrt I'm looking for advice on anything else I can take thanks Liz:-)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: I'm a newbie
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 07:39:42 PM »

:bighug:   :welcomemm:   we have several ladies here with similar conditions such as yours.  Have a browse of the menus, left of screen - I'm sure others will be along with words of advice!

Lizmc1965

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 09:02:48 PM »

Thank you x

tiger74

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 09:20:00 PM »

Hi - sorry to hear about how you're suffering with flushes, night sweats and sleep problems.   I was also pushed into the menopause suddenly and am not able to take HRT.  I don't have advice on anything else to take but I wondered if you'd considered using a 'Chillow' in bed.  I find it does help somewhat to cool me down when the night sweats strike. 

Lizmc1965

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 09:53:48 PM »

Hi there thanks for the advice,I will have to get one of these I will try anything to help get a sleep.

I've not had a proper sleep for a while now it's really getting me down,it's ok at the moment as I'm off work after my operation but when I go back it's going to be tough especially when I'm not sleeping much :-(

Thank goodness for this site so much information on it,thanks again for your help will get myself a chillow xx

Lizmc1965

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 09:44:11 PM »

I've ordered myself a chillow so hopefully I get some relief as my husbands going numb with the fan blowing :-)

tiger74

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 10:56:03 AM »

Hi

I put my Chillow in a pillowcase and put it beside me in the bed where I can roll onto it or put an arm/leg onto it to cool me down a bit when I get a night sweat.

Also, we have started using 2 single duvets on the bed rather than one king-sized.  So year-round I have a very thin 4-tog duvet over me and hubby has whatever tog is best for the time of year.  A lot of hotels do this which is where we got the idea from. 

All the best, a good night's sleep is so important.

Lizmc1965

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 02:32:16 PM »

Thanks tiger that's a really good idea about the duvets,my husband is a little cold staying in scotland it doesn't seldom get hot,but I'm going to try that thanks again xx

Dyan

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 08:02:41 PM »

Lizmc1965 :welcomemm:

Lizmc1965

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 09:33:06 PM »

Thanks Dylan x

Lizmc1965

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 10:43:43 PM »

Sorry Dyan x