Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Vaginal burning  (Read 17939 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Vaginal burning
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2014, 05:08:17 PM »

Have you used anything different down there? 

Hilary66

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2014, 05:26:59 PM »

No ,I have been so careful ,was just sitting down to watch a programme on TV felt the burning start checked to see if there was discharge ,there was a white discharge but in those few mins the harm was done,it's not thrush so why it's so irritating I don't understand.,I used my gel immediately but it hasn't eased,so bloody sick of this :(

Dancinggirl

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2014, 05:41:06 PM »

Hilary - I've experienced this and it's really depressing. I'm afraid the only thing is plenty of local oestrogen to get things healthier down below. I do avoid any acidic drinks these days and I've cut my caffeine intake to one cup of tea a day. I doubt it is the discharge - sitting down often brings on the burning for me which makes me think it's something to do with the urethra getting squashed when it's inflamed. I think it baffles the medical profession!!!!  DG x

Hilary66

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2014, 07:33:04 PM »

Hi guys, sorry to be such a misery,Dg could you suggest a name of a local oestrogen I just haven't a clue about any of it,I'm embarrassed to be so ignorant about such matters that's why I joined this forum to start with,I have two older sisters who just don't discuss the menopause so I'm at a bit of a loss to be honest.My gyno isn't back until sept 15th and my doc is a bit of old fart so I would need to know what I'm talking about if I'm looking for a script.hilary66

Dancinggirl

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2014, 09:27:04 PM »

Please, please don't be embarrassed - the menopause and particularly Vaginal Atrophy and bladder problems all linked with oestrogen deficiency are still very taboo issues that sadly we feel not only embarrassed about but somehow ashamed to admit to.  For many of us who visit and post on this site, what we have learned through discussing our problems with other women is not only an education but an enormous relief  - a relief to know we are not alone and not the only ones suffering. Unfortunately too many GPs are not up to speed about the menopause and we have to actively ask and sometimes demand to have our pain and discomfort taken seriously.
Do read all the info under the headings to the left of this screen - it should give you all the information you need.  Under HRT preparations there is a section of vaginal treatments.  Many women find Vagifem very good.  I'm using the Estring and I've found its the best option for me.
Good luck.  DG x

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2014, 02:11:33 PM »

I'm lucky in that my GP recognised VA before I did, in fact he rang me to check a few symptoms then suggested OrthoGynest pessaries (now discontinued  >:( ). 

If we don't ask we don't get so you ask any questions you like, nothing is tabboo!

Could you sit on a ring, you know, the kind of blow up types that kids use in the swimming pool.  That way your bottom is away from any pressure!  It wokred when I had an injury to the coccyx ...........

andius

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2014, 02:53:26 AM »

Hillary:

I think I have had this.  A dermatologist I went to had me use 1% hydrocortisone ointment (not cream) on the red area  applied with a Qtip, alternating with petroleum jelly.....I did this morning and night.  Also look up vaginal/vulvar ezcema and read about it. Along with local estrogen as the other ladies suggested, this has slowly gotten better. If your urine is acidic, this makes it worse.  It might help to discontinue taking vitamins until you get it under control.  I even stopped taking vit D and Calcium as I felt that made it worse also when I had it really bad. A little baking soda in a glass of water seemed to help me also.

Andius

CLKD

« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2014, 12:24:36 PM »

My Grandma swore by bicarbonate of soda as a paste for burns.  Don't know if she ever drunk it though  :-\

Hilary66

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2014, 09:06:16 PM »

Thanks so much for all the feedback guys much appreciated.I have an appointment with my gyno for Sept 15th and will be suggesting a few of your idea.Till then however an icepack  is a much needed accessory . ???
Pages: 1 2 [3]