Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I want to scream..........  (Read 6145 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: I want to scream..........
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2014, 08:58:50 PM »

No excuse.  Explain that before mobiles/text facilities time meant time!  Goodness me! when my parents told me I had to be 'in' that was it, otherwise I was grounded (only we didn't call it that then  ::) ).  Explain to your sister that you are fed up with taking advantage of.  That by changing her plans yours are altered and that impacts on your time with your husband.

Time you began putting him first.  Otherwise ........... I'm telling you this because a friend was in a similar position, his wife spent hours with her family, less time in the family 'home'   ..........  he ended up caring for the 3 children, pets, school runs so eventually he walked, taking them all with him.  She felt that her step-father required her time and that her husband would be 'happy' taking over the household .......  :'(

So - take care of you  ;).  Once you have put your foot down with a firm hand your depression will seem easier to deal with too!

Trey

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2014, 09:10:47 PM »

Don't worry about what people think about you.  They don't very often.
Take care of your husband.  When everyone is grown up and gone, what will you have left.  I'm not kidding.  People often resent givers and often you are only as good as your last good deed -- for them.

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2014, 09:13:41 PM »

Thanks Trey!  I remember my late M in L telling me very early on that she put her husband first.  She never neglected her children but they would fly the nest and she didn't want her and him to be strangers.  There was a hierachy and it worked!

groundhog

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2014, 10:33:51 PM »

I know.  But my husband can be a pain too lol!!   No seriously he is a good kind man and I know he feels left out ATM.  I do think of the time the children are grown up - will they think of me - probably not and I don't mean that in a nasty way but they won't.  So maybe the balance is scewed. 
Thanks again everyone - it helps a lot to speak to you albeit through cyber world xxxx

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2014, 10:56:52 AM »

Writing it down can help see it more clearly  ;)

Have a chat with DH - what would he like you to do at this moment in time?  He may mutter away but what does he really think?

Step straight away from your sister's problem and see what happens.  It won't hurt the children to go into a creche, after all they will before long be headed for 'real' school!
Pages: 1 [2]