Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Anxiety and insomnia  (Read 2701 times)

Marsha11

Anxiety and insomnia
« on: July 05, 2014, 10:21:17 AM »

I have just started on HRT and I am waiting for improvement in symptoms to kick in.  Unfortunately HRT has coincided with a new job, so with such a lot of new stuff to concentrate on, I am having a lot of anxiety (anxiety that doesn't seem to justify the cause).

Is this the menopause or am I just going crazy.  Sleep has almost abandoned me, which doesn't help.  Anyone know if 5HTP would help solve anxiety and sleep issues?

Also on Evorel 50 patches and I am noticing that my prolapse womb and bladder are feeling worse, especially at the end of each day.  I almost feel that they are so expanded, they could drop out.  Not a nice feeling at all. Any ideas?

Marshall

honeybun

Re: Anxiety and insomnia
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 11:47:26 AM »

It takes a while to kick in and address all the symptoms. Lack of sleep will not help your anxiety especially when you are coping with a new job so perhaps a herbal supplement might help.

Have you had a hysterectomy, as evorel 50 is oestrogen only I think. The reason I ask is if you have a prolapse ?  :-\

If you can give us a few more details.....age etc then maybe we can help a bit more.

Honeyb
x

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 12:54:21 PM »

I think Marshall is on Evorel conti so the patches should be conti not 50  :-\

I think this symptom will settle down Marshall - it's normal for the womb to feel slightly heavier as the lining begins to build up due to the oestrogen and this will be more pronounced if you have a prolapse (I have prolapsed womb). I found that HRT kept my prolapse very manageable but now that I am off HRT then I have made the decision to have a hysterectomy as it has become more difficult.

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 01:54:50 PM »

:welcomemm:  have you read the menus, left of screen? Browse round!