Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Really worried about new symptoms  (Read 9574 times)

holidaylover

Really worried about new symptoms
« on: June 04, 2014, 04:16:58 PM »

Hi

Am making myself ill with worry over new symptoms which have just started to appear.  Feeling tingling in feet which is accompanied with crampy tight calves.  I have a tingling on the tip of my nose, and I am also experiencing a really weird tightning sensation on my outer thigh. (Nothing to see, but is the feeling you get in your arm when having the band round for blood pressure).  This feeling only happens for a brief few seconds at a time, but it's like I'm really aware of the material next to the skin, if that makes sense.  I did have odd syptoms like this years back, convinced myself I had MS (which was discounted by neuro doc), and health anxiety followed.  On top of this I also have a bad headache, stiff neck and slight tingling there too. Feel a bit spacey.

HELP!!!!   P.S.  Have just started a period yesterday   :sigh:

Milamam

Re: Really worried about new symptoms
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 04:58:28 PM »

Hi holidaylover,
Magnesium is very known to help with calve crams and the tingling sensations. Have you been taking any magnesium? It won't hurt to try, there might be an improvement.

Js

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 05:20:12 PM »

Hi holiday lover

I get tingling In my feet and recently had it down my left arm which is a bit alarming but if you. Havent had any other symptoms probably hormonal but worth getting it checked especially if you say you had headache and stiff neck  are you on hrt or any medication might even be a migraine but I would still get it checked for peace of mind

Js

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 06:16:55 PM »

It could also be a problem with your neck or spine - I've got wear and tear in the cervical vertebrae and it causes tingling and pain - arms and legs can be affected together with a small patch on the side of my face near my hairline. Have you ever had whiplash injury?

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 07:47:24 PM »

Also bad posture can cause various symptoms  ::) seems to go with the territory.  The bottom of my feet itched every night for months …….. when I got into the bath ……… my eyes get sore or feel tight ……. you are not alone <wave>

mandy43

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 12:45:52 PM »

About 8 yrs ago, after I lost a baby mid term, I bled for 4/5 months constantly and I started getting terrible symptoms of buzzing feet, tingling in weird places, a feeling like electric shocks and a dreadful tiredness.  Eventually I was diagnosed with B12 deficiency and had to go onto 3 monthly injections.  a lot of the ladies on this site, discuss very similar symptoms and I really do think that you should ask for a B12 blood test.  If you are low, you will need the injections for the rest of your life.  They are no major deal and they really do get rid of the symptoms.  I feel it may be common in peri, as we lose more blood than usual, like I did at that time, and it may just be the answer... just a thought!!

holidaylover

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2014, 09:40:11 AM »

Thank you all for your replies.  Tingling in feet has subsided now but still have the tingling on tip of my nose.  It feels like someone is brushing a feather over it.  Have an appointment with doc tomorrow so will ask about both magnesium and B12 deficiency.

Rowan

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2014, 10:35:46 AM »

It is a normal menopause symptom such as  paresthesias (an abnormal sensation, such as numbness, ****ling, tingling, and/or heightened sensitivity)

Many menopausal women report a sensation akin to ants crawling over the skin, called 'formication'.

Its all part and parcel of changing hormone levels and menopause.

I have paresthesia of the outer upper right thigh, had it all checked out and is probably due to a mild bulging disc, maybe you could see your doctor and get some tests.

holidaylover

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 03:48:40 PM »

Didn't make doc appointment as had to take daughter somewhere and now can't get another appointment for 2 weeks!!  Having an absolute stinker of a day with symptoms.  Feet tingling like no tomorrow, neck aching and all my joints feel they are burning.  My skin is stinging.  The tingling on nose is back but so is a really sore spot at edge of nostril (have been down to chemist to get cold sore ointment in case that's what it is, but who knows).  I feel really tense and I think all the worrying I'm doing isn't helping.  Can feel the pulses at tips of fingers.  My boobs also feel really stingy too touch, if that makes sense.  It actually feels like my whole system has been poisoned and my nerve ends are jangling!  To top that all off have been in attic looking out holiday clothes (although dont want to go on hols feeling like this) and I've banged my head on door and given myself a headache.  I actually sat and cried for a bit, but more because I felt sorry for myself than for the pain.

Sorry for the rant but even sitting typing makes me feel calmer.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 03:52:52 PM »

Sounds like adrenaline surges.  When it happens to me my blood feels like hot water running through my veins.  Can you practice deep breathing, it may well slow down your physical symptoms though your brain will keep running
 ::)   >:(  ………

Symptoms can replicate in pregnancy so yours are probably 'within normal limits'.  Keep hydrated, graze if you are able to and rest as much as possible.

holidaylover

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2014, 03:42:01 PM »

Thanks for the reply CLKD
Still terrible today, but I have just found an old post of mine (3 years ago), when I posted in with the very same symptoms.  What I find hard to believe is that with the tingling nose also came the same tiny little sore inside my nose at exactly the same place.  That along with the stinging body, leg cramps, tingling feet, etc, makes me think it's something deadly recurring.  I have now made the sin of visiting  'Dr Google', and now I have convinced myself I have MS.  Been through this before and although the Neuro said no, I never got an MRI, so I am not at all convinced.  I feel every nerve end is on fire and as I move my neck it really stings. The mystery is why I can feel so ill throughout my whole body and there be a connection to a tingly nose and sore. So sorry I keep ranting every day but feel so worried and cant see Doc til next week.  Symptoms did completely, eventually go away last time and I'm sure Doc diagnosed anxiety.  Finding it so hard to accept this now, especially the sore in nose, which certainly cant be anxiety related.  This is consuming my days!!!

Kathleen

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 04:07:04 PM »

Hello holidaylover.

I sympathise with your predicament. My problems are different to yours in that I am feeling sick and have low mood but your comment about how the worry ends up consuming your days is certainly true of me.

The anxiety part of the menopause is the toughest nut to crack in my opinion.

The ladies here are very knowledgeable and kind and no-one will mind if you post a lot because you are worried and need to chat!

Wishing you well with this rotten meno business.

K.

donnacrichton

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2014, 09:35:29 AM »

Hi I am new to this site and have just posted. I have very similar symptoms along with anxiety and also panicking. I have been told my estrogen levels are too high and have been reducing it. My symptoms always get worse when changing doses. Please don't feel alone I am sure there are a lot of women with the same symptoms. I am trying to find a coping strategy. Good luck x

holidaylover

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2014, 10:29:31 AM »

Hiya Donna

Did you get a specific hormone test done?  My doctor only offered me a routine blood test, and when I asked about getting hormones checked she poo pooed it.  I have never been offered anything other than anti depressants (which I'm reluctant to take).  It seems to all depend on our doctors as to how we are treated.  Have looked at the symptoms now of too much estrogen and it does sort of make sense.  Take care.

donnacrichton

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2014, 08:54:47 PM »

Sorry for the delay in replying just figuring out how to use page. I had full bloods done except hormone as I was too young lol 38. I needed a letter from an anxiety management nurse to insist on FSH levels that were high. Hope you have found some relief. My gp didn't take it too well said I was self diagnosing x
Pages: [1] 2