Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel manufacturing problem  (Read 2508 times)

Badga

Oestrogel manufacturing problem
« on: May 31, 2014, 02:11:50 PM »

I am presecribed Oestrogel 0.06%.  The last time I had to get it a couple of months ago, I was told by several pharmacies in my area that there is a manufacturing problem and they don't know when they will get some more.  I eventually found a pharmacy with two canisters left.  That was a couple of moths ago.  Now I can find no pharamcy with it in stock as there is no indication of when the manufacturer will re-supply them.  Furthermore, that there is no other gel product avaiable, of a cream preparation at the same strength.

Anyone else got the same problem or know what is happening with Oestrogel manufacture?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Oestrogel manufacturing problem
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 04:13:47 PM »

This is somethikng GPs should flag up to patients who are on products likely to run out of Licence etc..  Go back and ask what your GP now prescribes?

Butterfly22

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 01:53:44 PM »

Omg please tell me its not getting discontinued as after two years its helping me without to many side effects x

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 06:30:57 PM »

Have you contacted the manufacturer and asked. Your pharmacist may do this for you. Details should be available on the internet somewhere.

Your alternative is patches.

Honeyb
x

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 08:01:50 PM »

There is Sandrena gel but it is a slightly different formulation and I think comes in two strengths - you should be able to achieve the same effect though. I don't know anything about its availability though as I'm not a gel user

Hurdity x