Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Acid reflux?  (Read 90336 times)

wombat62

Re: Acid reflux?
« Reply #165 on: August 29, 2014, 07:42:10 AM »

Hello! Haven't been on in a while but I'm having some stomach issues right now as well.

My heartburn isn't too bad only after certain foods and if I bend around too much after eating but it has got worse since meno along with anxiety.

I'm also have probs at the moment with I think trapped gas either in stomach or in guts around that area. Very gurgly but I think it's also pressing on vagus nerve making me feel weird and messing up breathing and palps. I had a dreadful night last night and very scary as on my own and being on my own at night creates anxiety - viscious circle!

I don't know why I've started getting this although I have had a rough year, could it be delayed reaction?

I've got some gas busting pills which seem to help but is there anything else to stop this fluttering as it's driving me nuts! Seems to be worse sitting or lying down.

I'll see the doc as soon as I can, wonder about hiatus hernia as I can't do deep breathing very well! I try in yoga but I'm out of breath after 4 counts!

Any ideas on stopping the fluttering would be appreciated.

Fed up with meno and anxiety!

Cheers ladies

chloe

« Reply #166 on: August 29, 2014, 04:10:48 PM »

Had my scan today and was expecting just my gall bladder being done to check for stones but he did kidneys and all the other areas in the abdomen as well.

Hoping to see the consultant if the results of the scan don't show anything don't know if I will. I want to ask about the polyps that they found as I know that some can change to cancer. Also as I have acid reflux I am worried that this could also cause them to change later on. I would rather have them removed.

For anyone that has to have an endoscopy and is scared like I was go for the sedation with the throat spray you don't know anything about it. I was retching a bit but it didn't bother me as I was too out of it. I woke up feeling fine had a sandwich and a drink then left.

wombat62

« Reply #167 on: September 06, 2014, 11:24:55 PM »

Thanks Sparkle! Hope you had a fruitful trip back to the GP.

I'm still getting it a little even though I've relaxed a bit in the last week. Woke up this morning with gurgles in the same area but has gone off now. I can be fine and then I think about it and it can start up, so I don't know maybe it's my brain to gut messages going weird. I had food poisoning a few weeks back followed by upper stomach cramps for a few days so I've not been eating to full since then anyway. I had this before that but it has been worse since then so that could be connected.

I have to go to the docs soon anyway, so I'll leave it for a couple of weeks to monitor now things have settled down a bit.

Suzi Q

« Reply #168 on: September 09, 2014, 01:50:15 AM »

Doc said take ad before bed so I did and not as sicky today but still feel a bit weird. Only had three pills so far as well! I know I have to keep going with them to lighten my mood otherwise I just fixate on my throat and my health all the time. I am still carrying on with the hypnotherapy as well. I didn't want to tie them Sparkle but had to for my families sake really as I couldn't carry on the way I was.
I know how you feel I can't stand being upside down but it will be so worth it!!
No more appointments other than monthly check at docs .ENT don't need to see me again so that's good i suppose.
Big hug back to youxxxxxxx

Ps doc yesterday said many just take omprezanol and lansoprozole as nd when they feel they need it or maybe just a couple a week .thats interesting isn't it !
Hi Kelly sweetie
AD can take depending on the one anything up to 3 weeks to work so just chill and it will help ok big hugs xxx

Kelly

« Reply #169 on: September 12, 2014, 08:24:10 AM »

Thanks SuziQ I am still taking 10mg of citalopram but been back to the docs as feel exhausted in the morning with aching limbs  pins and needles and seem to be breaking out in sweats all the time. She put it down to the anxiety but then I looked at the citalopram side effects and they are all the common ones! Luckily I havnt increased to 20mg as she recommended.  It's too much of a coincidence that I am getting these isnt it? I was convinced I was getting ME or something. I think I might try and cut down to one every other day. any one else experienced anything like this?
Hi Sparkle how are you and your new kitchen! I haven't been on for a while as I hve been so exhausted i just been lying in bed. I know I shouldn't be so making an effort to get up and get busy again but still very tired.
Xxxxxxxx

peegeetip

« Reply #170 on: September 12, 2014, 09:18:19 AM »

Hi Kelly

saw your other post. You might be 4 years past meno but there are lots of reasons to take HRT to keep you well.
How many times do we have to put up with Doc's who are just so wrong and only passing their opinion, not facts.

Please if you do go back and ask for HRT, please ensure that you get an option out of the following link:

http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/postmeno.php

Best of luck

:-*

Kelly

« Reply #171 on: September 12, 2014, 10:36:37 AM »

Thanks peegeetip I have lost all faith in docs lately . three docs have told me I don't need it. Also I have been to three different docs about other symtoms I am having and I have just realised they are all said effects of citalopram!
Kelly

peegeetip

« Reply #172 on: September 12, 2014, 11:20:06 AM »

Hi Kelly,

one of the side effects I find most worrying on these AD's (not all but some of them) is lower blood pressure.
You might think that's a good effect but it can give us dizziness and possible faints/falls.

The reverse is worse when we stop.
Often there is a bounce back in the blood pressure which raises our pressure.
Obviously there are issues about raising your blood pressure especially if it pushes us into "high" levels.

Would be interested if the Doc mentioned that to you?

The AD's will also have an effect on your gut, often slowing things down in other "things" too.

Sorry you've had such an experience with Doc's, don't loose faith, be firm and ask for what you want.
Its not a cost thing tell them as most HRT costs less than these Statins they keep trying to give us :)
The other silly thing is we're not screened for some of the things that conti HRT will help protect us from in the longer term, so it does help.

If you want to discuss the Citalopram then perhaps goto the private lives part of the forum.

:-*
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 11:30:58 AM by peegeetip »

Kelly

« Reply #173 on: September 12, 2014, 06:18:31 PM »

Thanks peegeetip I do feel very lightheaded too actually.  Thanks fr all your advice.i m going to try to wean myself off them.
Kelly xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #174 on: September 12, 2014, 08:57:12 PM »

Cipralex and Citalopram have helped my depression and I had no nausea or gut problems at all.  It does depend on how large a dose though, fortunately I can use 5mg x 2 with the odd hike if necessary.

If I take medication too late in the evening though then I get reflux  >:(

Kelly

« Reply #175 on: September 13, 2014, 08:46:15 AM »

Hi CKLD I am on 10mg too but have been having aching joints and sweats in the morning . On checking the leaflets these seem to be common side effects though my doc said nothing when I asked what they cud be. She advised me to up them and I am so pleased. I didn't. I am going to try one every other day and visit id again on Monday to discuss. I didn't take one last night and guess what I have no problems this morning!

Hi Sparkle yes I have been lying in bed too much but I have rallied round a bit. I am back on omezprazole every day now and my throat isn't bad . I pray it will last !
Glad you. Are happy with the kitchen. Are u still struggling with reflux . Can't beleve you are having more scans . How does the liver cysts effect you? Can they do anything about them? Big hugs right back?

Milamam

« Reply #176 on: September 13, 2014, 04:03:34 PM »

Hi Kelly, I am sorry that you are not doing so well on citaloptam. These are really initial days so it does take time for the AD to have any effect. Also, have in mind that omezprazole and other PPIs , especially lansoprazole, disturb the absorbtion of citalopram. Please read the leaflets of your PPI. If you are not absorbing well and you are still on day two- three, there is not much to be expected from the AD in terms of effects on anxiety, etc. if I were you I would discuss with your GP these drug interaction issues.

I was started on 10 mg citalopram for two weeks before increasing to 20 mg and I didn't have any side effects. I am on 20mg  for about a year now and don't even want to think about weaning myself off, not at least the time comes when I am confident all perimeno issues are under control. BUT, it is also important to have in mind that, alike HRT, antidepressants work differently for different people and it is a bit trial and error to get to the one that matches you the most.

Good luck!

Milamam xxx

Kelly

« Reply #177 on: September 14, 2014, 09:34:17 PM »

Thanks Milamam for that advice.  Why don't the docs mention these things to you? I have been on the citalopram fr 6 weeks now and I am not having any anxiety just the side effects.  As I said before the doc just blamed these on anxiety when one look at the leaflet states they are common side effects. I just give up lately you hve to research everything yourself before you even go to the docs. One last week told me to take one and a half citalopram . You can't divide them can you? I am certain that another doc told me! I am trying one 10 mg every other day to see if I can reduce the aches etc.
Kellyxx

Milamam

« Reply #178 on: September 15, 2014, 12:40:48 PM »

Hi  Kelly, my doctor who prescribed lanzoprazole did not mention this interaction but Imusually carfully read the leaflets and noticed that citalopram was mentioned explicitly, and not generically (i.e. Antidepressants). I called back the doctor but she said no problem, take lanzorazole in the evening and citalopram in the morning. But I decided not to take the PPI, as citalopram is more important for me right now.

Here is more info on drugs.com: http://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/citalopram-with-omeprazole-679-0-1750-0.html   Omeprazole can increase th level of citalopram in the blood thus increasing the initial side effects.

I always do my own research as I know doctors focus on only one problem/symptom and often are not concerned about what else is going on. I then go and ask questions. It is a shame but this is how it is, unfortunately.

Milamam

Kelly

« Reply #179 on: September 15, 2014, 01:49:19 PM »

I am beginning to realise Milamam that you are right. Believe it or not I have been taking both pills together at night! I didn't read that in the leaflet but I will certainly start  taking my omezparole in the morning as I find I sleep really well if I take the citalopram at night.

I have hardly been ill since this latest episode and as I said before I have been disapointed by the doctors attitudes. Did you get the sweating , aches and tiredness in the first six weeks ? Does it go away do you know?
Thankyou so much for all your advice.
Hugs Kelly xxxx
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13