Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: feel bloated and breathless  (Read 8727 times)

warwick01

feel bloated and breathless
« on: April 22, 2014, 05:22:10 PM »

Hi Ladies,

Not posted in awhile but keeping upto speed with all other postings :)

I need your help. I have been feeling really anxious (uptight) bloated and breathless as if Im fighting for breath.It happens more at work, for exampleif I run up stairs I can't get my breath??

I also have a heavy feeling in my tum behind my belly button.I get missed heart beats and night sweats have increases with my face feeling flushed all day today

I am 55 currently using 3 pumps of gel (2 morning 1 night) with separate Northisterone 7 days per month,which it was day 7 yesterday so I will have  >:(my period next Sat I always have a good bleed but worried something is going on.

Anyone advise??  >:(

LindyLouLou

Re: feel bloated and breathless
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 07:35:03 PM »

Hi there I know I am not much help at the mo. with how I am feeling - but to me it sounds like the dreaded anxiety! Do  you suffer anxiety - I get the same symptoms and feel bad with anxiety at the moment.

Perhaps someone else may be more helpful.
xx

Annika

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 10:14:48 PM »

Sorry to hear what you are going through Warwick it does sound a lot like anxiety from what you describe. Have there been any changes in your life that might be the culprits?? How long has the feelings been going on??  Still be on the safe side get it checked just to rule out anything else hun xx

warwick01

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 04:44:33 PM »

Hi Ladies

Thank you for your reply's.

I have been under some stress at home, but you know,my gut feeling something hormonal is going on too. May be at 55 I have reached menopause and need to increase my oestrogen???

I feel a complete wreck at the moment look crap and feel crap....... convinced I am going to dye, and think about death all the time.

The reason I think hormones are to blame, is myface is flushed most of the day, crying a lot too. This can't be doing our bodies any good, surley.....

I am under the impression as we get older, we can reduce our oestrogen not increase.........so what's going on....... >:( W

saladgirl

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 08:01:00 PM »

Feel just the same - cant put a finger on why apart from a few things happening at home but I just don't fel settled at all - here's hoping things calm down  :) - I find wlking helps but even then I can get out of breath and since losing my dog I don't even feel like doing that BUT some days are ok and I treasure them - thinking of you xx

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 08:25:55 AM »

Hi Warwick - I think you should definitely get this breathlessness checked out especially as it is happening when you exert yourself - such as climbing stairs etc. Breathlessness can be related to anxiety of course but that isn't linked into exercising and as you also have missed heart beats then you need to rule out any heart rhythm problems.

Let us know how you get on.

Taz x

tiger74

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 02:21:38 PM »

If it were me I'd go see a doctor pronto.

Breathlessness, 'missed' heartbeats, feeling bloated and heavy feeling in the abdomen could be unrelated to each other and unrelated to menopause.  Could be absolutely anything but if they are new and unexplained I would have thought that a qualified medical opinion is important. 

warwick01

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 05:07:49 PM »

Thanks for your reply's

I should go to see my GP it I'm sure you know what I mean when I say, I always feel a nuisance as if the reception staff are saying........here she is again?

I will monitor how I'm feeling over the next week and make an appointment if it carries on. It's good to have this site as you understand.

Will keep you updated W ;)

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 07:13:14 PM »

I think you should go this week. Breathlessness on exertion should always be investigated. Sorry to sound a bit of a worrier but you can't take risks with your heart health especially once we become slightly older ladies and our risk of heart disease rises.

Taz x

Suzi Q

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 06:09:58 AM »

Hi Ladies,

Not posted in awhile but keeping upto speed with all other postings :)

I need your help. I have been feeling really anxious (uptight) bloated and breathless as if Im fighting for breath.It happens more at work, for exampleif I run up stairs I can't get my breath??

I also have a heavy feeling in my tum behind my belly button.I get missed heart beats and night sweats have increases with my face feeling flushed all day today

I am 55 currently using 3 pumps of gel (2 morning 1 night) with separate Northisterone 7 days per month,which it was day 7 yesterday so I will have  >:(my period next Sat I always have a good bleed but worried something is going on.

Anyone advise??  >:(

I call them the SKIPIES see GP he can give you Beta Blocs to stop the skipping xxxxxxxxxx