Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is this really VA ???  (Read 7663 times)

Limpy

Re: Is this really VA ???
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2014, 08:40:14 PM »

Clitoral pain mightn't be typical but it happened to me.
As well as the feeling of broken glass / razor blades deep inside.
Initially I put it down to horse riding but it didn't go when I didn't ride.........

Things improved greatly when I was given Gynest cream.

Judith57

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2014, 09:08:39 PM »

I think the pain from the vagina/urethra radiates through to my clitoris. If I touch my clitoris it doesn't feel sensitive although it seems to be burning from inside. Does that make sense? The whole area feels as though it has been sprayed with oven cleaner/acid and is now being rubbed with a green scourer! Anyway, almost ready to put second Vagifem tablet in. The burning feels like a very extreme case of thrush. The gynae said I had thrush yesterday so I have been treating that as well. I did look at the 'Burning Club' thread earlier and although there were a lot of posts mentioning burning I didn't see any mentioning the clitoris..You have given me a little bit of hope Limpy - how long did it take for things to settle down?

Limpy

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2014, 10:48:25 PM »

It took about a week for the extreme pain to lessen. Like you I also had a thrush issue which needed to be dealt with so it's difficult to say which was the main culprit. I think it was about a month using the Gynest before things felt right down there.

Judith57

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2014, 08:27:23 AM »

OK Thank you, fingers crossed. It does feel as though someone has switched a switch within me that has sent all my nerve endings in that area onto 'high alert'. If only I could find the switch and turn them off....

Katy

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2014, 02:02:45 PM »

Hi Judith

I have both vaginal atrophy and vulvodynia - bit difficult to distinguish between the two! but I also had clitoral pain which was horrendous :(
Only when the vagifem didn't totally control the pain did my GP refer me to a gynaecologist who diagnosed vulvodynia.  I have been taking Amitriptyline and Gabapentin for a while now and the pain is 95% gone, so there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I do hope the vagifem starts working for you soon.

Katy x

Judith57

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2014, 02:17:34 PM »

Thank you Katy. It is nice to hear a success story. What set yours off in the first place - mine seems to have been triggered by sex and a UTI....

Judith57

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2014, 06:55:17 PM »

I have a letter from my urologist now saying that if I am no better when I see him next week he will think about prescribing 'newer modulatory drugs such as Gabapentin or Amitriptyline'. Hopefully I'll get some relief then...
Pages: 1 [2]